Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak the iPhone 1.1.1 out of the box

Default Jailbreak the iPhone 1.1.1 out of the box
    Discussion thread for Jailbreak the iPhone 1.1.1 out of the box. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

Didn't work for me using a new iPhone purchased yesterday.

Got to AppSnap and clicked install, but it didn't unlock the phone.

Seems a step may be missing.
    Last edited by evo_rallyman; 2007-11-09 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

pf, thanks for this. Just a few suggestions (correct me if I'm wrong):

In this part:

Type *#307# and then press Call.

Now, delete (the bottom right button with the x in it and the arrow pointing left) the *#307#, and press 0. Then hit Call as it comes up, and the iPhone will display the Answer/Decline buttons. Hit Answer.

Press Hold, and when your phone starts ringing again, press Dismiss.
    Does it really say Dismiss? I'm pretty sure you tap on Decline.

Also, to simply things:

prefs://1F - you can simply type prefs:

http://www.jailbreakme.com - you can just enter jailbreakme.com

Now, restart the iPhone and redo the following steps to get you to the Contact menu:
    Slide to the emergency dial screen Type *#307# and then press Call. Now, delete (the bottom right button with the x in it and the arrow pointing left) the *#307#, and press 0.
    You only do the *#307# the first time. In subsequent emergency calls, you can just dial 0.
    Last edited by truenorth; 2007-11-09 at 03:50 AM.
    Sydney, Australia
    If you received help, click on the Thanks button!

Default Facing a problem here
    T*** for your step-by-step easy solution.

I did exactly all the steps, but the last step which is installing AppSnapp I couldn't do it because when I open that page on my iPhone the page show me the following:

" You must visit this URL on your iPhone/iPod Touch to be abke to install AppSnapp. " attached image

Please help me.

Thanx on advance for your help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -apsnapp.jpg  
    Last edited by altair; 2007-11-09 at 08:18 AM. Reason: add photo

Hello, your step by step guide look easily understood and well written, I'm currently having an unlocked iFone running at 1.0.2; I've no idea what software my supplier used to break the phone but I'm really, really tempted to use your method.

I'm having a bit of difficulty of 'virginizing' my iFone; you see, to carry out the steps as per the instruction online somehow demand a certain level of technical skill (It's not as easy as your instructions, and I've no idea what SSH is..) and I'm truly lack of that, can I use iTunes to restore my phone and upgrade to 1.1.1 instead?

BTW, I heard Apple has just release 1.1.2 recently, is there anyway or how I can restore to 1.1.1 ?

Million thanks!

Default Perfect...!
    Followed this exact instructions, and although I had some troubles installing AppSnap (like evo_rallyman, it seems not to be properly installed and I need to run it three times) I have now an out-of-the-box unlocked iPhone after 30 minutes.

Hello, I have followed all the exact instructions and have my phone officially jailbroken and unlocked. However, I just synced my phone using iTunes, and iTunes tells me I only 300MB to work with. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

You may want to check this link out, 300MB Killer: http://code.google.com/p/independence/downloads/list

Thanks
    I bought a 16gb iPod about three weeks ago and am returning it for a new iPhone. I am assuming that it will come with the 1.1.2 firmware, and I have been looking into a way to downgrade to 1.1.1 with windows.

Every solution on the internet I have seen involves the use of "iNdependence" which seems to be a mac program. Does anyone have any advice regarding downgrading a new iPhone to 1.1.1? The documentation is less than par for the "1.1.2-jailbreak" program, but even it references "iNdependence" so I am really in the dark here.

Quote Originally Posted by altair View Post
    T*** for your step-by-step easy solution.

I did exactly all the steps, but the last step which is installing AppSnapp I couldn't do it because when I open that page on my iPhone the page show me the following:

" You must visit this URL on your iPhone/iPod Touch to be abke to install AppSnapp. " attached image

Please help me.

Thanx on advance for your help.
    This is exactly my problem now.... i have tried once to install Appsnapp but Sfari crashed twice... now i get same proplem as you..

Default cant install
    I REALLY NEED HELP. i followed all the steps from virginizing 1.0.2 up till installing anysim on the 1.1.1, once i finished installing anysim i noticed my loudspeaker stopped working, so i went to itunes and did a update again for 1.1.1 and fortunatelly got my speaker back but got stuck at the activation screen. when i go to the page WWW.JAILBRAKEME.COM it tells me to connect using an iphone or ipod touch, wich i am using my iphone of course. I know for a fact that anysim is blocking my speaker, so what i want is to activate the phone and virginize it again to go back to 1.0.2
    anyone help please since my phone is stuck at the activate screen.
    one time i got the correct page from jailbreakme.com and clicked on install but nothing happened.

thx

ps. also if i try to actyivate with independence it gives me error
    Error, couldn't perform jailbreak. You need to downgrade to version 1.0.2, then perform the special upgrade to 1.1.1 (see Help documentation for more details)
    Last edited by alphonso; 2007-11-14 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

appreciate help!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi dude!

mi name is ruben i just bougth mi iphone yesteday so i think its version 1.1.1

any ways...

i did the Jailbreak the iPhone 1.1.1 out of the box

every step was no problem exept the last part Install AppSnapp. i tap on it and safary just go blank... & that is it

please help me dude... i truly appreciate the help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a problem that hopefully can get answered! Everything was going fine in the unlock process until I tried going to the Jailbreakme.com website. I always get the error that Safari could not find the server. I also tried other webpages such as Google and got the same error. Any tips!?

Frustrated as it is, I am having a serious problem i only slept 4 hrs yesterday and still could not get it to work.
    Tried installing the AppSnapp for hours and hours and hours, even if i get to the internet page which has the AppSnapp installer, i click on it, wait and wait and wait and F**K nothing F**king happens. Did this at least 30-40 times.
    I think my iphones is officially bricked !!! there goes my f**king 400 bucks, well done dev team !!! Sorry i need to release my frustration some where right.

And I am not alone, there are already other people having the same problem. Well, all I can say is dev team, please help... end...........

I'm getting the same problem as yamatokira and chinojetujefa. I get to every step but at the very end, the screen just goes blank (or screen saver?) after I click 'install AppSnap'. I then end up clicking the 'home' button after maybe 10 min which takes me back to the 'slide to unlock emergency calls.

I purchased the iphone on nov 16 and it is running firmware version 04.03.13_G which should be 1.1.1. Any info / help would be greatly appreciated.

I figured it out. In essence, the firmware that I had was acutally 1.1.2. So this method in itself does not work. All you have to do is to follow this guide written by sidetalker to downgrade your firmware from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1.

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15669

After that, follow his instructions and wala, activated iphone!
    Last edited by 216; 2007-11-19 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Guys;
    I bought yestarday my iphone and It comes with 1.1.2.
    First I downgrade to 1.1.1 and then II followed the page to unlock.
    But AnySim failed with message "AnySim can not unlock"
    Any Ideas?
    Thanks

Default locked key pad
    Hey, if anyone can help me out, i've run into a problem in the very first step of the jailbreak process. when i get to the number pad, it won't let me type anything. i've tried with both the sim it came with and a different one to to avail. I guess i'll try to activate using iNdependence unless someone knows what's wrong.