Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrading 1.0.2 iPhone to 1.1.1

Default Upgrading 1.0.2 iPhone to 1.1.1
    Discussion thread for Upgrading 1.0.2 iPhone to 1.1.1. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

Anyone else having trouble when asked to:

"Click the Firmware tab, and hit the Pre 1.1.1 Upgrade button" in INdependence 1.2.5, the button is 'greyed out', and you can't select it??

-- Solution found. Re-start OpenSSH service on iPhone.
    Last edited by jjmsau; 2007-10-24 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Solution Found

Got the same problem i think...
    iNdependence can't connect to the iphone. How do you restart open SSH?

Quote Originally Posted by havanra View Post
    Got the same problem i think...
    iNdependence can't connect to the iphone. How do you restart open SSH?
    Just re-install SSH with Independence. After that it works fine (see my other post with all the isssues and solutions I found through this process). I posted in the first guide's discussions.

Default incorrect sim
    I tried to reinstall SSH with jailbreak... followed the instruction which ask me to turn off the phone holding sleep and home button. then when I restarted the phone I had a message saying that I was using an incorrect SIM. Now when ever I try to do anything with Independence, it promps me to select where you unzipped the firmware files.

What firmware files does it refers to?

thanks

Default hardware unlocked iphone 102
    hey, i have a hardware unlocked iphone works super.
    when i want to update to 111 do i have to do the virginize stuff?
    or can i just run the independence upgrade?

cheers roger

I'm having problems actually activating my phone. Whenever I click "Activate Phone" in Independence it gives me the message:
    Failure
    Error. couldn't read from /dev/rdisk0s1

Any help please

anything for windows yet?

I'm not getting "Set up your iphone" menu, should that appear automatically after virginizing?

I bought a 1.1.1 iPhone yesterday and followed the instructions in the iNdependence help file. I successfully arrived at the step where I need the iPhone's IP address to enter into SSH to perform the pre 1.1.1 upgrade step. However, I cannot get an IP address on my Netgear WGR614 v7 "G" network. I've tried:

1. Eliminating all WEP security
    2. Manually assigning IP addresses and subnet masks in both the iPhone and the IP address reservation screen of the router control panel
    3. All combinations of going into airplane mode, restarting router, iPhone, etc.
    4. Creating a wireless computer to computer network with my Mac.

In all cases the iPhone sees the network fine. It cannot get an IP address. In fact, on my router's "Attached Devices" page I can see the iPhone's MAC address but it has no IP address assigned.

Hopefully this is some simple thing I've overlooked. Any help is much appreciated.

Issue: before updating to 1.1.1 iTunes reports I have 1.0.2 and the capacity is 300 MB... I see the little thing at the bottom about don't go to iTunes yet but not exist after that why?

Ah I see now after the activation you have your full iPhone capacity back...
    Last edited by riscky; 2007-10-26 at 08:17 PM.

Upgraded to 1.1.1 from 1.0.2 yesterday. Three times.

First time I forgot do restore it to 1.0.2 to get rid of all the 3rd party apps.

Second time I did it after a clean restore (no third party apps).

Third time I did it just for S&G's.

I refreshed the 1.0.2 firmware from iTunes and went back through the process with iNdependent and all worked fine. I now have a 1.1.1 jailbroken, activated iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by mannism View Post
    I bought a 1.1.1 iPhone yesterday and followed the instructions in the iNdependence help file. I successfully arrived at the step where I need the iPhone's IP address to enter into SSH to perform the pre 1.1.1 upgrade step. However, I cannot get an IP address on my Netgear WGR614 v7 "G" network. I've tried:

1. Eliminating all WEP security
    2. Manually assigning IP addresses and subnet masks in both the iPhone and the IP address reservation screen of the router control panel
    3. All combinations of going into airplane mode, restarting router, iPhone, etc.
    4. Creating a wireless computer to computer network with my Mac.

In all cases the iPhone sees the network fine. It cannot get an IP address. In fact, on my router's "Attached Devices" page I can see the iPhone's MAC address but it has no IP address assigned.

Hopefully this is some simple thing I've overlooked. Any help is much appreciated.
    I got that all the time, the solution? very dumb and easy if you see your network
    in springborad open stocks ( or any other icon that calls for wifi) you'll get the wifi screen with eventually a PW request if you have a protected Network. it worked all the time for me just try it>

OK I have followed the instructions and have clicked pre 1.1.1 upgrade. I then opened iTunes as told but instead of the 'set up your iphone' screen, my iPhone just syncs and then says i can eject just like it always does.
    What have I done wrong?

Please help,
    Alistair

You have iTunes set to automatically sync the phone when it's connected to it.

in step 1 when independence says: "host verification failed" I hit yes it gives me another error...
    "Couldn't remove entry from /Users/fusiongraficadigital/.ssh/known_hosts. Please edit that file by hand and remove the line containing your phone's IP address."

Also, my Iphone now displays incorrect sim error all the time... It didn't before I started following this guide...
    Help Please?
    Last edited by paolop_ve; 2007-10-27 at 02:42 PM.

HI iam maritimeswimmer:

iam from Panama country in central/carribean americas.

I wanted to let you know that you site rocks and its pretty cool to be able to unlock the iphone by your great guidance and awsome hacking.

i wanted to send you a message regarding the 1.1.1 update guide that you have on your website.

i did the entire thing as it was written in the site, but now i cant make calls, i used "anysim" and what it told me at the of the procedure it was that it couldnt unlock my iphone and now iam stock with a brick phone. although i can use every single feature of the phone, but the most important feature of the phone which is making calls, that one i cant use.

Please i really need help on this, i have downgraded the version two times and neither of them helped, i have installed "installer" on both occassions and neither of them helped it. i have used independence with intstaller and neither of them has unlock the iphone. another thing that i wanted to tell you its that i can activate the iphone and i can use every single feature but no calling.

iam using the anysim version for 1.0.2 for iphone and what it says its "The firmware on this iphone is already patched.anysim will now quit.Please turn off your iphone and turn it on again after anysim quits". i obviously dont know what that means and i like to know what does that really means.

if you guys can help, please write me here or email me at [email protected] and if you guys can guide me step by step with this. ah something else i wanted to tell, its that neither the at&t sim which came with the iphone and my Panama Cable wireless sim card, neither of them its working now. i do write my password for the cable and wireless one but what happens its that it gives me a message saying "Incorrect sim, this iphone must be used with an approved sim" this happens with my cable and wireless sim card, and with the at&t one, haha it cant even read it. it says incorrect sim card.

Please guys help me out here.

Thanks again, and i hope you can use me as a reference and situation for helping other people.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iELEMENT View Post
    I'm having problems actually activating my phone. Whenever I click "Activate Phone" in Independence it gives me the message:
    Failure
    Error. couldn't read from /dev/rdisk0s1

Any help please
    I got the same error (my phone was originally unlocked by AnySim 1.0 and bricked after upgrading to 1.1.1) --

To work around this, I followed the instructions at jailbreakme.com for gaining access to Safari to connect to this website. It didn't go completely smoothly but it did jailbreak the phone. I then used independence 1.3 to activate the phone and voila -- the installer was there and the phone was activated and still unlocked. And properly upgraded to 1.1.1 with all functionality.

Finally!

Quote Originally Posted by paolop_ve View Post

in step 1 when independence says: "host verification failed" I hit yes it gives me another error...
    "Couldn't remove entry from /Users/fusiongraficadigital/.ssh/known_hosts. Please edit that file by hand and remove the line containing your phone's IP address."

Also, my Iphone now displays incorrect sim error all the time... It didn't before I started following this guide...
    Help Please?
    This happened to me as well. I went back to the section about backing up seczone regarding: WARNING REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED. It didn't ask me for this when I backed up the seczone, but I gave it a try and it worked. Just remember to exit terminal command before clicking on Pre 1.1.1 Upgrade

Open up Terminal. It can be found on your Mac at Applications/Utilities/Terminal. Make sure you are connected to your WiFi network, and still know your iPhone's IP address, as discussed in step 1.
    Now, type
    ssh -l root your.iPhone's.ip.address
    and hit Return.

NOTE: You may get a message saying WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED. If you don't, skip down a bit in this guide to where Terminal is asking for the password...

If you did have that error, and ONLY IF YOU HAD THAT ERROR, then type:
    rm /Users/your.os.x.user/.ssh/known_hosts
    and hit Return.

Again, type
    ssh -l root your.iPhone's.ip.address
    If you got that previous remote host error, Terminal will tell you the RSA key fingerprint has changed, and would you like to change it? Type
    yes
    and hit Return.

You will be asked for the password. Assuming you haven't changed it (which you would know), the password is dottie. No, it will not show up as you type it. This is normal. Hit Return after you type the password.

You will now see a # prompt on the screen. Good. We are SSH'd into your iPhone's filesystem now.

Now exit Terminal and click on Pre 1.1.1 Upgrade in Independence
    Last edited by jdoe217; 2007-10-30 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast