Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrading 1.0.2 iPhone to 1.1.1

Independence won't run with iTunes 7.5 in Leopard.

Quote Originally Posted by evo_rallyman View Post
    Independence won't run with iTunes 7.5 in Leopard.
    Since Independence wont run with 7.5, do we need to downgrade iTunes to the the version before 7.5 in order to upgrade to FW 1.1.1? I would appreciate the assistance. Thanks!

Default Itunes Update to 1.1.2
    when i hit update itunes update to the latest firmware 1.1.2 shall i download firmware 1.1.1 and update with the 1.1.1 firmware? But its a 1.1.1 restore file will it work?>??

Thanks jdoe217. That fixed me up

help guys! i got allll the way to the end (finally!) and have an updated 1.1.1 jailbroken and Sim Unlocked iphone.

BUT I still am only showing 300 mb of free space! I don't get it!

I started with a jailbroken and sim unlocked 1.0.2 phone and virginized, etc etc.. a day later i'm done but i still have this problem. Can anyone help me?

First off jdoe217, that was a huge help! Thanks!
    Second I'm having the same problem as alsahher in that if I press update I have to go to version 1.1.2. Should I restore to 1.1.1 or try downloading an older itunes maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by jatindian View Post
    help guys! i got allll the way to the end (finally!) and have an updated 1.1.1 jailbroken and Sim Unlocked iphone.

BUT I still am only showing 300 mb of free space! I don't get it!

I started with a jailbroken and sim unlocked 1.0.2 phone and virginized, etc etc.. a day later i'm done but i still have this problem. Can anyone help me?
    I have the same problem...

Default Thank You!
    Quote Originally Posted by jdoe217 View Post
    This happened to me as well. I went back to the section about backing up seczone regarding: WARNING REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED. It didn't ask me for this when I backed up the seczone, but I gave it a try and it worked. Just remember to exit terminal command before clicking on Pre 1.1.1 Upgrade

Open up Terminal. It can be found on your Mac at Applications/Utilities/Terminal. Make sure you are connected to your WiFi network, and still know your iPhone's IP address, as discussed in step 1.
    Now, type
    ssh -l root your.iPhone's.ip.address
    and hit Return.

NOTE: You may get a message saying WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED. If you don't, skip down a bit in this guide to where Terminal is asking for the password...

If you did have that error, and ONLY IF YOU HAD THAT ERROR, then type:
    rm /Users/your.os.x.user/.ssh/known_hosts
    and hit Return.

Again, type
    ssh -l root your.iPhone's.ip.address
    If you got that previous remote host error, Terminal will tell you the RSA key fingerprint has changed, and would you like to change it? Type
    yes
    and hit Return.

You will be asked for the password. Assuming you haven't changed it (which you would know), the password is dottie. No, it will not show up as you type it. This is normal. Hit Return after you type the password.

You will now see a # prompt on the screen. Good. We are SSH'd into your iPhone's filesystem now.

Now exit Terminal and click on Pre 1.1.1 Upgrade in Independence
    Hey man, thanks a lot for posting this. Saved my ***!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12