Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrade 1.0.2 baseband OS X iPhone

Default Terminal response
    Hi,

After hours of trying to connect via SFTP and finally getting in, I followed the guide up until backing up the Seczone file. At the Terminal I entered the prompts as stated but got an error message:

# cd /usr/bin
    # ls
    zsh: exec format error: ls

Any ideas?

All the best.

Quote Originally Posted by rjj View Post
    you get -sh-3.2# because you are using ssh from independence, use ssh from installer and you will be fine
    What do you mean by that? How do we "use ssh from installer"? I'm not familiar with all this.

Thanks for your help!

UPDATE: figured it out - to do this you need Installer from the "Customize" section of iNdepence added to the iPhone, then from Installer add "Community Sources" to the iPhone then Open ssh.

Also, as noted on the News forum under this topic, you don't really need to install Open ssh through Installer. Just install it from independence, but then reinstall BSD subsystem from within Installer on the phone (go to Uninstall, click on it and then hit "reinstall" button at top right).

BTW, most information on this guide seems to be over on that thread now.
    Last edited by pqa; 2007-10-28 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Update

Did you get an answer on this? I have the exact same problem. Looking like I can't virginize the seczone with the new virginizer method (i had tried an old method earlier which may have screwed things up).

I am seeing

Resetting target...
    pinging the baseband...
    issuing +xgendata...
    firmware: DEV_ICE_MODEM_03.14.08_G
    eep version: EEP_VERSION:207
    eep revision: EEP_REVISION:7
    bootloader: BOOTLOADER_VERSION:3.9_M3S2
    Done

when I am supposed to be seeing

Resetting target...
    pinging the baseband...
    baseband unresponsive to pinging
    Done

I have tried the seczone write several times and keep getting the same thing. Does anyone have an idea on what might be wrong. I originally had tried the IPSF server method to virginize which seemed to work fine but now don't quite know where things stand. I keep getting FW Differences Found when I run the new Virginizer process and then am still able to ping the baseband.

Any help in figuring out what is going on and what I should do to correct it would be much appreciated as I don't want to inadvertently brick my iphone.
    Last edited by roads22; 2007-10-28 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I am having some trouble with the upgrade...

This is the message i get

ProgressUpdated: 97
    ProgressUpdated: 98
    ProgressUpdated: 99
    ProgressUpdated: 100
    ProcessDetailUpdated: Sending end-pack.
    ProcessOutlineUpdated: Process time was 2 min 4 sec.
    Error: Failed to download .FLS: Could not verify downloaded image.
    Done
    # ./bbupdater -v
    Resetting target...
    pinging the baseband...
    issuing +xgendata...
    firmware: DEV_ICE_MODEM_04.01.13_G
    Done
    #

As you can see...
    I got a error that says
    " Error: Failed to download .FLS: Could not verify downloaded image. "
    But i decided to continue to the next step
    i typed
    " ./bbupdater -v "
    but I got different firmware numbers...

can someone give some advice?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default downgrading from an unlocked 1.1.1
    Hi,

I had been using an unlocked 1.0.2 iPhone since a couple of weeks.

As I will be traveling abroad very soon, I wanted to have the additional EDGE setting -to turn it off- with the upgraded 1.1.1 version.

Virginizing, upgrading and unlocking went like a breeze with your guide.

I had just substituted the 10 digit AppSupport file to arrange the number format, synched with iTunes and managed to receive and make calls when I noticed the shiny white Apple logo on the screen which I couldn't wipe off the screen no matter what I did.

So using the iNdependence, I restarted the downgrading to 1.0.2 procedure. Everything went fine until I used AppTapp. It took ages for it to setup the Installer and even more to install the DNS Tools and BSD stuff.

Following your guide flashing with iUnlock doesn't yield a "FW are equal"

iUnlock result:

------
    Sending End Secpack command
    Validating the write command
    FW differences found
    Completed.
    Enjoy!
    ------

and consequently I don't receive a 'ping timeout' from baseband (I receive a (firmware: DEV_ICE_MODEM_04) (here I can't remember the exact version but it is 04+ in any case).

bbupdater result:

------
    # ./bbupdater -v
    Resetting target...
    pinging the baseband...
    issuing +xgendata...
    eep revision: EEP_REVISION:8
    Done
    ------

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance...

IEG

UPDATE:
    iEraser works like magic to downgrade the modem FW back to 3.14.

I was able to perform the rest of the routine easily. Once again I upgraded to 1.1.1 via iNdependence, unlocked my phone with AnySim 1.1. Synched with my Mac... Substituted the AppSupport file to for the AddressBook. I was able to make and receive calls.

Back to where I had started:
    I decided to delete AnySim 1.1 and the phone crashed: First the beautiful clockwork on the springboard, then when I tried to reboot, the Apple logo got stuck on screen forcing me to another downgrade to 1.0.2...

déjà vu (
    Last edited by qvietvs; 2007-10-29 at 01:47 PM. Reason: detailing

Thanks so much for all your work. I have a couple of questions though.

I have an unlocked 1.0.2 using iunlock and a tmobile sim. When beginning this process, do i leave the tmobile sim in, the original att sim, or no sim.

The second question is, if this is true virginizing does that mean if i do this i could sign up with att with the original sim as if out of the box?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by roads22 View Post
    Did you get an answer on this? I have the exact same problem. Looking like I can't virginize the seczone with the new virginizer method (i had tried an old method earlier which may have screwed things up).

I am seeing

Resetting target...
    pinging the baseband...
    issuing +xgendata...
    firmware: DEV_ICE_MODEM_03.14.08_G
    Done

when I am supposed to be seeing

Resetting target...
    pinging the baseband...
    baseband unresponsive to pinging
    Done

I have tried the seczone write several times and keep getting the same thing. Does anyone have an idea on what might be wrong. I originally had tried the IPSF server method to virginize which seemed to work fine but now don't quite know where things stand. I keep getting FW Differences Found when I run the new Virginizer process and then am still able to ping the baseband.

Any help in figuring out what is going on and what I should do to correct it would be much appreciated as I don't want to inadvertently brick my iphone.
    Hmmm, have you tried deleting the seczone backup from the phone?
    Keep a copy on your Mac, and delete the backup on the phone.
    I don't know if it'll work or not, but it's worth a try eh?

Quote Originally Posted by rjj View Post
    you get -sh-3.2# because you are using ssh from independence, use ssh from installer and you will be fine

PLease help me, anyone knows why we are getting the message "FW differences found" instead of " FW are equal" after runing the comman ./iUnlock ./ICE03.14.08_G.fls ./eliteloader.bin
    I get the same thing and when everything's done, my baseband version is still 04.01.13_G.

Phone history: iUnlocked on 1.02, upgraded to 1.11 then bricked with invalid sim and 0046 IMEI. Downgraded to 1.02 and jailbroke.

Can someone help please? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by imarc808 View Post
    Thanks so much for all your work. I have a couple of questions though.

I have an unlocked 1.0.2 using iunlock and a tmobile sim. When beginning this process, do i leave the tmobile sim in, the original att sim, or no sim.

The second question is, if this is true virginizing does that mean if i do this i could sign up with att with the original sim as if out of the box?

Thanks
    Downgrading the baseband has nothing to do with the SIM card, but to be safe, I took mine out. Yes, this process is supposed to make the phone to be "almost" factory fresh, and you will be able to sign up with ATT if you want to.
    Last edited by Sage; 2007-10-29 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi everyone!

I've got a problem that comes after running geohots nor dumper, or the command ./norz seczone.backup 0x3FA000 0x2000

It says that it's "dumping: A03FA000-A03FC000
    Waiting for data...
    "
    And then it doesn't do anything. Or how long am I supposed to wait?

The reason I'm trying to virginize the iPhone is this:
    I was on a businesstrip and my girlfriend plugged the iPhone by mistake in to an old firewirecable that was plugged to my mac. She realised something was wrong when the iPhone crashed, showing the Apple logo. After this she immediately unplugged the phone, and started to check if everything was normal.
    But it wasn't: The phone works as normal but only until you put it to sleep. If it is in sleepmode for more than a minute, when you start it up again it doesn't start, but rather boots. Then it runs as usual, except every now and again it says "incorrect sim, please connect to iTunes".
    When it does this I can either boot it again, and see if that helps, sometimes it does, sometimes not. Or then I activate it again with INdependence.

So I'm at a total loss here...
    Thanks for any help!

EDIT: Oh, should probably mention that I'm running 1.0.2 with anySIM unlock.
    EDIT again: I've virginized, restored, upgraded to 1.1.1, activated jailbreaked etc, and the same problem continues. Would suggest that it's some kind of hardware related thing?
    Last edited by macaslak; 2007-10-30 at 01:27 PM.

I was having the "FW differences found" message and couldn't downgrade the baseband successfully. Then I tried the methods on http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Dow...1_to_1.0.2_OSX

After running ieraser, everything worked great! So try that method if you are having problems.

Default Thanks
    thanks pqa for this: reinstall BSD subsystem from within Installer on the phone (go to Uninstall, click on it and then hit "reinstall" button at top right).

that helped and i'm finally up and running 1.1

Worked perfectly.

I had a iunlock 1.02 phone, which i used the org guide found on this website.

Process took about 20min, I reinstalled openSSH and BSD before starting the whole process.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mac_Z View Post
    - During the virginizing process, the dump (./norz) command hanged in terminal, I just did a ^C and started again, it worked then without any issues.
    Hi ... mine always hangs, repeatedly. How long should this process actually take? I mean, who long shall I wait unitl I believe it hangs? And .... if I discontinue the whole process, do I then already have a brick? I am a bit scared.

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by ayteale View Post
    FYI I have:
    Firmware 03.14.08_G
    version 1.0.2 (1C28)
    used iUnlock
    have tmobile

Hi, in terminal after typing in the password (dottie) i don't just get # but rather I get -sh-3.2# and then i basically cant do anything else because when I try to type anything like cd once I press the spacebar It says Connection to 10.0.1.195 closed. any tips on this?

Also, I should be doing all of this with my t-mobile sim installed right?

I keep running into this problem myself. I have tried uninstalling and installing ssh via independence several times and cant get anywhere. Can someone provide assistance or help me out? I will gladly reimburse you for your time.

need help....

after I had started the command "./norz seczone.backup 0x3FA000 0x2000" the print out didn't begin to start...
    It came just the message "Waiting for date"

Anybody an idea?

I'm sorry, I feel so stupid but I cannot even get past step1! I download virginizer 0.4, but it comes as a .rar file and I cannot do anything with it. I then got a .rarexpander and it expanded it...but it still doesnt give me what I need to work with. It gives me all plain text files. Please help. Thank you.

Default help please
    hi everybody i have iphone 1.0.2 iphone
    it was at&t now i am using in u.k with orange sim card
    i know it s unlocked but i don t have any idea which method was used
    is there any way that i can find out because i wanna update for 1.1.1
    then i want to able for moding .there is some programs helps for down/upgrade but they are saying so many different method but i am not sure which one i should fallow can u help me for this matter thanks

hey
    i did everything u listed in the first step of unlocking the iphone starting from this step(Downgrade 1.0.2 baseband OS X iPhone) and i keep getint the same baseband name which tells me that id did not downgrade it and this is the error im getting
    ProgressUpdated: 99
    ProgressUpdated: 100
    ProcessDetailUpdated: Sending end-pack.
    ProcessOutlineUpdated: Process time was 2 min 4 sec.
    Error: Failed to download .FLS: Could not verify downloaded image.
    Done
    # ./bbupdater -v
    Resetting target...
    pinging the baseband...
    issuing +xgendata...
    Done
    #
    please advise me what to do
    thanks a million

I couldnt sleep so I woke up to see if I could virginze my phone.

I was able to do the entire virginization via the terminal program on my iphone itself. Cyberduck couldnt SSH and I was getting frustrated. I took a big risk because i didnt even back up my stuff on my desktop. Well i am fully unlocked now and couldnt be happier.

Sorry I cant help you all with that terminal bug, this was sort of my last resort but I could have done some serious damage to my phone.

im getting the same problem as you. any help

[i have the same problem. any help]Any idea why I get this?

# ./iUnlock ./ICE03.14.08_G.fls ./eliteloader.bin
    iUnlock v43.hiBaud -- Copyright 2007 The dev team

Credits: Daeken, Darkmen, guest184, gray, iZsh, pytey, roxfan, Sam, uns, Zappaz, Zf

Sending baudrate command speed 921600
    Sending Begin Secpack command
    Sending Erase command
    Waiting For Erase Completion...
    OK
    Flashing
    09%
    18%
    28%
    37%
    46%
    56%
    65%
    75%
    84%
    93%
    OK
    Sending End Secpack command
    Validating the write command
    FW differences found
    Completed.
    Enjoy!
    #

Then in the next step I get this?

# ./bbupdater -v
    Resetting target...
    pinging the baseband...
    issuing +xgendata...
    eep revision: EEP_REVISION:8
    Done
    #[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by qudisat; 2007-11-01 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast