Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Exchange Mail App

Default Exchange Mail App
    Does anyone know of a mail client that supports exchange mail? Apparently the mail.app does, however you need IMAP enabled on the exchange server. I talked to my companies e-mail SA, he informs me that he can enable IMAP, but he won't. So I need to know if there is an app out there for supporing exchange mail without IMAP installed.

Gracias!

portforward 143 for imap on the exchange server..

the exchange account works on my iphone..

Quote Originally Posted by mixfiles View Post
    portforward 143 for imap on the exchange server..

the exchange account works on my iphone..
    whoa whoa whoa...please explain further because you are the first person i know of that has gotten exchange mail to show up in the mail app without using some weird python script some people are using.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I have had my exchange server mail comming through my iPhone since day of launch. My exchange server didnt have the IMAP enable on the account, but it still worked, it didnt do the true "Push" email effect, and if I deleted an file on the iPhone, it wasnt delted onthe server, then with IMAP enabled, its still the same effect. But Im using an hosted exchange server from an guy on xda-developers.com, as well as many others, good one time price, and works great, not all true features of exchange,but it does work.
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

Quote Originally Posted by Donald.Brown01 View Post
    Does anyone know of a mail client that supports exchange mail? Apparently the mail.app does, however you need IMAP enabled on the exchange server. I talked to my companies e-mail SA, he informs me that he can enable IMAP, but he won't. So I need to know if there is an app out there for supporing exchange mail without IMAP installed.

Gracias!
    I know of two programs/apps that are available or will soon be. One is iPxsync, not yet available but looks like it will be good (ipxsync.com). The other is Visto or Vistomobile something like that. I'm sure if you do a search you will find it. Neither requires that your company make any changes, enable IMAP, etc.