Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Game - Looking for testers...

Default iPhone Game - Looking for testers...
    Hello hello,

Over the past couple of weeks I've been using my (somewhat limited) free time to make a iPhone (and iPod Touch) game (although it works on a wide range of mobile devices, as well as the net) - I say mobile based game, but really "small screen compliant" would be more accurate...

... annnnnyyywaaay. The game is a (completely free) browser based game that creates a kingdom when a person register's..* then places them in a world with all the other people playing the game... you can then build on your land, spy on people, go to war, join and create alliances, send out diplomats, train warriors, sell and buy at market, etc etc.

What I'm looking for is more testers to help out with stress testing the game - so if any of you have a moment or two and would be willing to spare some time, the game is available at:

http://www.kingdomgame.net

If you have any questions, either post them here, on the forums at kingdomgame.net or send a message to "system" in the game.

Be aware the game is in Alpha at the moment (moving to beta on Sunday) so there are a few bugs still there...

Hope to see you there,
    Paul Hutson
    Last edited by Paulhutson; 2008-03-20 at 07:38 PM.

Sounds like a cool idea, but the idea of "registering" to play a game doesn't thrill me. If I could make an account without having to give out my email address, maybe I'd be more willing to try out the game.

As it's a test phase, you need not put in a valid email address.

For those who may be interested: The game is back up and running now, after the DB connection problems of the weekend.

is it possible to get some screenshots first?
    A*obe CS3 by ubik "teh CS3 iPhone theme":
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48371

My FW way:
    1.1.1 JB/unlocked ->1.1.3 JB/unlocked ->1.1.1 locked ->1.0.2 JB/unlocked ->1.1.1 JB/unlocked. ->1.1.2 JB/locked fxxcked up not booting ->
    1.1.1 JB/unlocked ->1.1.2 JB/unlocked ->update to 1.1.3 JB/unlocked ->1.1.3 JB/unlocked fxxcked up, spinning wheel of death ->
    restore 1.1.3-> 1.1.3 JB/unlocked.

Erm, yeah.. sure, I'll knock a couple up in a mo

Here are four screenies to have a gander at..:

Here's the login screen..

This is the overview screen, giving you a bit of information about your kingdom, there is a more detailed overview (which you can see the link for..)

This one shows the top half of the rankings screen, with whose at the top and how many points they have.. there are just under 250 kingdoms in game now:

The Alliances Screen, where you can control your alliance.. this one shows the TRT alliance:

There are loads of other things I could have "screen shot'ed" - spying on kingdoms, "holy effects" - where you can give yourself enhancements, or hurt your enemies - attacking, diplomacy, etc etc...
    Last edited by Paulhutson; 2008-03-26 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm surprised not more people have shown interest in this game. This is probably the most fun iPhone game out there--native or web.

Basically, it's a text based multiplayer game. Somewhat like Civilization in it's idea, but more simple and text based. And more like Urban Dead in its text-based...ness.

You don't have to put down your real email address. Give it a try. I'm pretty hooked on the game.

Paul, you may want to put a more attractive topic title and try to promote the game a little bit more through this forum (it not a lot more). I was going to tell people about this until I saw this topic by chance.

What sort of topic title do you think would be better?

Regards,
    Paul

this sounds fun.
    im going to register and start playing now
    If you reply to any post of mine i guarantee that i will
    thank/ +rep you.
    Even if you think your reply might be dumb and simple. I appreciate any help

iPhone? More like MyPhone Flatbeats's Avatar
    Thanks

just the sort of game im after.
    nice one.

just an idea, make it compatible with browsers outside of iphone.
    just had a little play, and i can see myself getting hooked.
    Last edited by Flatbeats; 2008-04-08 at 12:40 PM.
    iPhone 3G Jail broken 4.2.1 - redsn0w
    iPhone 3G unlocked & Jail broken 3.1.2 - Blackra1n

It is compatible with other browsers already

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Paulhutson For This Useful Post:

Hagge10 (2008-04-15)

sure i like it , im IN

Excellent to hear

iPhone? More like MyPhone Flatbeats's Avatar
    Thanks

been playing now for a few days and its a great game.
    was just wondering who on this forum is playing the game? my kingdom is dogma.
    iPhone 3G Jail broken 4.2.1 - redsn0w
    iPhone 3G unlocked & Jail broken 3.1.2 - Blackra1n

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

forget that got it working lol
    Last edited by Rustynuts; 2008-04-15 at 04:49 PM.

Make you own visit this link.

http://www.modmyi.com/siggen/index.php

i will check this out and tell you what i think

this game reminds me of a game that i used to play. Anyone ever play kingsofchaos at kingsofchaos.com because i think its the same. I like your game and i think i will donate to your site.
    Last edited by lileasy; 2008-04-16 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    AIM: llprricanll
    EMAIL ME HERE

Make your Own installer Repository:
    click here
    (only for MMi users).

getting my phone tommorow, ill deffo give this a whirl

it wont remember my username or password, getting annoying having to type it in all the time

n ice good job

Quote Originally Posted by Ishnian View Post
    it wont remember my username or password, getting annoying having to type it in all the time
    Which server and are you using the latest iPhone software version?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast