Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Download pre-encoded YouTube videos that the YouTube app uses.

Default Download pre-encoded YouTube videos that the YouTube app uses.
    Well as most know, the youtube app when on wifi gets high-quality videos from youtube's servers in mp4 format. I have found these videos to be even higher quality than the flv files on YouTube.com that I normally download and convert. After poking around I was able to get the url to the mp4's that I had bookmarked but this was still a hassle so I made MxTube (www.MxWeas.com/MxTube). Basically, its a youtube search engine that allows you to download the High Res videos onto your computer pre-encoded. I have a regular and iphone version of the app, the regular lets you download the mp4 (wifi) or 3gp (edge) videos and the iphone version lets you choose your own video quality and can play the videos in portrait.

Max

PS: For more info on it look here

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mxweas For This Useful Post:

gastonm (2008-01-17), jungzandvliet (2008-01-02), taxbax (2008-01-02)

This is a great site!

sweet man, looks good

This is nicee
    Do you think there is something in between tho?
    MP4 takes too long to load on Edge...

soda

I have looked at the data many times there are only 2 other video links and they aren't http its for streaming the 3gp to mobile phones.

Yea...I guess I should have asked is it possible to make a in between
    like take the MP4 then make it smaller and still be able to stream or something
    so I don't have to wait for that long but still get a good quality...

soda

It would probably take just as long because I would have to download the video to my server, make it smaller and then send it back out.

Max

could it be from a site other than youtube? like surfthechannel or something, that is if it were run through an online media converter, i dunno, it sounds nieve, but something like heywatch.com where you could do all you online converting through the website server and wait to watch the links when theyre done. the site gets close but you can only download them after you have the file download plugin installed, and then you cant do nything with the file on the iphone.

Default NIce!
    Quote Originally Posted by mxweas View Post
    Well as most know, the youtube app when on wifi gets high-quality videos from youtube's servers in mp4 format. I have found these videos to be even higher quality than the flv files on YouTube.com that I normally download and convert. After poking around I was able to get the url to the mp4's that I had bookmarked but this was still a hassle so I made MxTube (www.MxWeas.com/MxTube). Basically, its a youtube search engine that allows you to download the High Res videos onto your computer pre-encoded. I have a regular and iphone version of the app, the regular lets you download the mp4 (wifi) or 3gp (edge) videos and the iphone version lets you choose your own video quality and can play the videos in portrait.

Max

PS: For more info on it look here

Great app. Been looking for something like this. However it seems to not be working at the moment. It says:

"Error

This error is caused by an invalid google auth code,
    I have been notified and will hopefully fix this asap.

-MxWeas
    "

Hope it works soon!
    JESUS CHRIST SAVES

Unlocked Tmobile