Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problems with the main menu... not seeing all apps.

Default Problems with the main menu... not seeing all apps.
    Hi!
    I'm new to the forum Smile

I just got my iPhone 1.0.2 today and installed some new webapps (to test) over the installer: iLang (I wanted it in German since I'm in Germany), iPong, PigShooter & Sudoku. Now these four apps fill up the fourth row, replacing the installer icon which I cannot see anymore, so I am not able to uninstall any of them now.

Is there any possibility to move icons, make hidden ones visible or scrolling through the menu?

I tried resetting the entire phone, but the apps stay installed, help!

Thanks in advance!

Anyone?
    Last edited by Racing.Ray; 2007-10-27 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Yes, there is a way - are you familiar with ibrickr_v0.91? Visit this link http://ibrickr.com/downloads/ibrickr_v0.91.zip and download it - then unzip it - connect your phone to your computer (don't open iTunes) and run ibrickr - make sure it sees your phone - then go to applications, and install the program called rSBT - it allows you to customize your home screen and re-arrange the icons to where ever you want them :-) Also, if you want to scroll your home screen, install SMBPrefs as well :-)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dooey5 For This Useful Post:

Racing.Ray (2007-10-27)

Nice, thanks!
    Now there is just one more problem...
    I cannot use the Installer anymore. When I open it, it goes back to the main menu after about 2 seconds...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Racing.Ray View Post
    Nice, thanks!
    Now there is just one more problem...
    I cannot use the Installer anymore. When I open it, it goes back to the main menu after about 2 seconds...
    Mine did that too at first after installing it - all I did was reboot my phone and it works fine now...that may help...if you've already reboot and it still does that...not sure what to tell you there...sorry man :-(

Somehow it messed up and now hid my Settings, the rSBT and the SummBoard icon... Is there any way of resetting the menu screen without them? :S

Thanks

Somehow it messed up and now hid my Settings, the rSBT and the SummBoard icon... Is there any way of resetting the menu screen without them? :S
    haha Well, yes, there is a way, but I don't remember how...my co-worker showed me how when I ran into the exact same problem you just did...it deals with editing some code on the phone itself via ibrickr....well wait, if you installed them via ibrickr then you can uninstall them via ibrickr...don't know if that'll help you or not though...as for the first option, you'd have to wait till Monday when my co-worker is back and we can go from there.

I uninstalled it and reinstalled it over the iBrickr software, but it didnt help
    Maybe uninstalling it and resetting ALL of the iphone settings?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dooey5 View Post
    haha Well, yes, there is a way, but I don't remember how...my co-worker showed me how when I ran into the exact same problem you just did...it deals with editing some code on the phone itself via ibrickr....well wait, if you installed them via ibrickr then you can uninstall them via ibrickr...don't know if that'll help you or not though...as for the first option, you'd have to wait till Monday when my co-worker is back and we can go from there.
    Well, I'm not sure if that would work or not...I've never tried it...

I can't see my settings icon... so I can reset anything anyways

Thanks

Let me text my friend and see if he remembers how we fixed mine....hold on....

haha I just noticed your "penis" meter icon...haha Anyway, my friend says there is a backup kept in the programs folder itself...so I'm gonna hunt it down and let ya know what I find....

Ok, I found it!! Ok, on your phone, navigate to this location:

/var/root/Library/rSBT/ and grab file "DisplayOrder.plist.backup" and put it:

/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/

then reboot your phone and that should put all default icons back on your home screen....lemme know if it works....
    Last edited by dooey5; 2007-10-27 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dooey5 For This Useful Post:

Racing.Ray (2007-10-27)

Quote Originally Posted by dooey5 View Post
    Let me text my friend and see if he remembers how we fixed mine....hold on....

haha I just noticed your "penis" meter icon...haha Anyway, my friend says there is a backup kept in the programs folder itself...so I'm gonna hunt it down and let ya know what I find....

Ok, I found it!! Ok, on your phone, navigate to this location:

/var/root/Library/rSBT/ and grab file "DisplayOrder.plist.backup" and put it:

/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/

then reboot your phone and that should put all default icons back on your home screen....lemme know if it works....
    Hey man, I just tried that, and it worked!!!

Okay I had to delete the ".backup" on the end, but it went just great. Thanks for your help

Thanks

Hey man, I just tried that, and it worked!!!

Okay I had to delete the ".backup" on the end, but it went just great. Thanks for your help
    No problem my friend! Enjoy your iPhone :-)

My SpringBoard is full of apps and I can't scroll the screen. I can't see the INSTALLER app any longer thus I can't uninstall the 3rd party apps. FW is ver 1.0.2. I have removed the existing DisplayOrder.plist and replaced it with a stock file from the Downloads section. Re-started the phones many times but the problem persists. I appreciate all the inputs. Thanks!