Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [How-To] Make vWallpaper work on ios4.0+ :D

Default [How-To] Make vWallpaper work on ios4.0+ :D
    First! Add i.danstaface.net/deb/ as a source and install vWallpaper and its dependencies. (Don't enable vWallpaper.)
    Also, you MUST have Winterboard installed.

Once that is done, SSH into your iphone.
    Navigate to /private/var/stash/Themes.x4uKdb/ and create a new folder called "vWallpaper -Insert name of background here-" and sync an mp4 named Wallpaper.mp4 to the folder. (I have only tested mp4s, other formats should work, though.)

EDIT: .mov didn't work. D: Gotta convert them to MP4

Open Winterboard, enable the new theme, and tah-dah~! vWallpaper in 4.0.1 until an official update is released. ^_~

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Xoleras20099; 2010-08-05 at 06:57 AM.

yep. Any video wallpaper through winterboard will work but it is a battery hog and eventually freezes. I do not think we will have to wait much longer for the vwallpaper update. I have already seen it working on the iphone4.

i cant seem to get anything to work.. on my iphone 4

I cant get this vwallpaper to work and have been using it for a very logng time!Followes instructions to the T~~
    Also i cant get the Folders to change or the backgrounds to change when a folders open..

Any help anyone/??

update now out on i.danstaface.net/deb/ its now updated to ios4 enjoy

Default yep
    Confirmed working now on 4.01... sweet!!

does anyone know how to make custom vRIngtones for iphone 4, ios 4.0.1? i need help!

Quote Originally Posted by thekid05 View Post
    does anyone know how to make custom vRIngtones for iphone 4, ios 4.0.1? i need help!
    Watch this video showing how to convert vWallpaper. It is exactly the same for vringtone. Except you will skip the dtep about disabling audio. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdOZuMLyR5I]YouTube - Convert videos for vWallpaper[/ame]

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pizentu For This Useful Post:

thekid05 (2010-08-16)

Quote Originally Posted by Pizentu View Post
    Watch this video showing how to convert vWallpaper. It is exactly the same for vringtone. Except you will skip the dtep about disabling audio. YouTube - Convert videos for vWallpaper
    Thanks, I hope this works...BTW small world i was just about to message you on youtube and ask you how you were making your vids!!!

resizing a 720p to 640x960 makes it look pretty bad, but as long as its 720p just size it normally to 320x480 and it should look pretty good. I think, still testing.
    Something Hidden in iPhone 4---Steve Jobs twitter