Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: vwallpaper on ios4.0

vringtones is working through vwallpaper app on ios4. atleast on 3gs. vwallpaper is still being updated. see this video
    YouTube - ‪vRingtones works but not vWallpaper on ios4‬‎

Smile This actually definitely and completely works
    [How-To] Make vWallpaper work on ios4.0+
    First! Add i.danstaface.net/deb/ as a source and install vWallpaper and its dependencies. (Don't enable vWallpaper.)
    Also, you MUST have Winterboard installed.

Once that is done, SSH into your iphone.
    Navigate to /private/var/stash/Themes/ and create a new folder called "vWallpaper -Insert name of background here-" and sync an mp4 named Wallpaper.mp4 to the folder. (I have only tested mp4s, other formats should work, though.)

Open Winterboard, enable the new theme, and tah-dah~! vWallpaper in 4.0.1 until an official update is released. ^_~

Enjoy!

Multtasking still works and i have had no crashes since doing this. I have only done one 'theme' vwallpaper but i guess you can setup several, as long as they are seperate themes and the actual mp4 is called wallpaper in its own folder in each instance. whatever, it works for now. not checked battery drain but not really bothered - this app is an instant WTF in your face to non-jailbreak people and is in my top 5 for sure.

{i copied and pasted the actual method above from another website btw, not my own work - just passing on the important stuff, sorry i did not note the original author}

Quote Originally Posted by fabulousfurry View Post
    [How-To] Make vWallpaper work on ios4.0+
    First! Add i.danstaface.net/deb/ as a source and install vWallpaper and its dependencies. (Don't enable vWallpaper.)
    Also, you MUST have Winterboard installed.

Once that is done, SSH into your iphone.
    Navigate to /private/var/stash/Themes/ and create a new folder called "vWallpaper -Insert name of background here-" and sync an mp4 named Wallpaper.mp4 to the folder. (I have only tested mp4s, other formats should work, though.)

Open Winterboard, enable the new theme, and tah-dah~! vWallpaper in 4.0.1 until an official update is released. ^_~

Enjoy!

Multtasking still works and i have had no crashes since doing this. I have only done one 'theme' vwallpaper but i guess you can setup several, as long as they are seperate themes and the actual mp4 is called wallpaper in its own folder in each instance. whatever, it works for now. not checked battery drain but not really bothered - this app is an instant WTF in your face to non-jailbreak people and is in my top 5 for sure.

{i copied and pasted the actual method above from another website btw, not my own work - just passing on the important stuff, sorry i did not note the original author}
    If I am not mistaken, that came from this website. Also, This is an old well known process. Don't believe me? check cydia for video wallpapers. there are a few in there for months now. I have
    a few uploaded there myself. The problem with this method is that it uses battery much much faster than vwallpaper. it also runs in the background unlike vwallpaper. and it freezes after only a few loops. However, It is the only way at the moment to have a video wallpaper. Thankfully, Skrew is working on the vwallpaper app update. Hopefully it will be out soon.

skrew just released the update to vwallpaper for ios4. seems a few people are having trouble with it. look for updates soon
    Last edited by Pizentu; 2010-08-07 at 03:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default It does work!
    It's no lie, VWallpaper does work for IOS4 now, adding the "I.danstaface" source went absolutely perfect on the Iphone 3G S but it took me about 5-7 times for the same source to get added to the Iphone 4. Once it finally was added everything was working just as it did before.

I have it working on an Iphone 4 with Ios 4.0.1, the only problem I have is that when you have a vwallpaper playing you can't play music at the same time. Vwallpaper stops running until you stop playing music, then it come back on.

I also downloaded vwallpapers from my iphone and they didn't work because they were in .Mp4 format. I just took the file and changed it to a .mov and it works fine.

is there anyway to override the sound from the ringtone when its set to silent. even with the phone on silent the volume still plays.

samehere
    help us please
    Quote Originally Posted by lilant510 View Post
    is there anyway to override the sound from the ringtone when its set to silent. even with the phone on silent the volume still plays.

I'm running 4.0 and I have a moving wallpaper but its a html theme

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12