Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is it possible to change the spotlight background

Default Is it possible to change the spotlight background
    Hi,
    Since i recently got photoshop (yay!) i m making a iNav style theme and one of the bookmarks on the top is spotlight, so i am wondering is it possible to make a custom wallpaper for spotlight, and what do you name it ex. page 1=Page0.png page 2=Page1.png so on, so on
    Thanks in advance
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Hey... I have just had a quick play with this... As i didnt know (however noobish this may sound) that you could name wallpapers page0 and page1 and have have different wallpapers on each page lol! But what i did know, is that to make a springjump icon (i take it by bookmark u mean springjump) that you have to change the page number in the .plist file in the icon, to page-1, as the homepage is page0. So tried naming the wallpaper page-1, but didnt work.
    The only workaroud i can think of, is to have the spotlight wallpaper u want named as wallpaper... And then name each pages wallpaper according to whichever page you wish... Hope this makes snse to you! As i think i may havr rambled a tad :s

hope this helps...

I had already heard about this theory but my problem with it is I have rss feeds and live weather on my homescreen which I can't use for just a single page, but thanks for trying

Ahh i see... And obviously, nameing the pages, hides widgets and such... That was guna be my next question, how did you get round that lol! Nevermind... Still playing tho, coz now i want a different spotlight wallpaper I WILL BEAT THIS!! lmao!

I think I might if thought of a way around, put the widget in the Wallpaper.png but on Page0.png I can leave a blank spot where the widget is so I can see it

Nvm that wouldn't work because the widget would still be in the spotlight background
    Last edited by whereswaldo; 2010-05-20 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost