Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installed vWallpaper, now phone never locks?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Installed vWallpaper, now phone never locks?
    I just installed vWallpaper on my 3GS. I'm on 3.1.2, and it's been a while since I've used vWall so I had to search for where to put the videos. I'm having a slight problem, though. My auto-lock setting is set for 1 minute, but if I have a video wallpaper chosen, the phone never locks itself.

Anyone else have this problem?

Matt
    WHITE 32GB Verizon iPhone 4 - 6.0.1
    Dual 1.2 Ghz G4, OS X 10.4.11
    2.2 Ghz MacBook, OS X 10.7.5
    69 Nova
    71 Duster

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkoNova For This Useful Post:

TheCrow13 (2009-10-25)

just reset iphone trough itunes, and problem solved, cause vwallpaper have to update the program, it doesn't work for 3.1.2 i think man..

Quote Originally Posted by DarkoNova View Post
    I just installed vWallpaper on my 3GS. I'm on 3.1.2, and it's been a while since I've used vWall so I had to search for where to put the videos. I'm having a slight problem, though. My auto-lock setting is set for 1 minute, but if I have a video wallpaper chosen, the phone never locks itself.

Anyone else have this problem?

Matt

I've read somewhere that it's a known problem. Just sort of have to deal with it until they fix it. I'm still on 3.0 and have the same problem.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Dang...oh well, I guess I just have to hit the power button whenever I put my phone away.

Thanks guys.

Matt
    WHITE 32GB Verizon iPhone 4 - 6.0.1
    Dual 1.2 Ghz G4, OS X 10.4.11
    2.2 Ghz MacBook, OS X 10.7.5
    69 Nova
    71 Duster

yeah me too, I'm on 3.0 and haven't used this app in a while and was hoping he would of fixed this major (for me) issue by now. Plus when playing music and you go to the SB the wallpaper won't play still. Well that's better than crashing as I remember it would do instead i think. On a brighter note this app is working better than using WB for vWallpapers.

does anyone know if the modders are coming out with a fix? would be great if the phone shuts itself off. Ive forgotten many times and lost battery life so went back to regular wallpaper

Rob

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

If i am not mistaken it has always been like that.
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

correct,..but are they working on a fix? Maybe a line of code or something somewhere etc so the autolock would work.

My guess is auto lock gets disabled when playing a movie so the screen dosent dim while watching it. So if they can find that area and have an app that reverses that./...that may be the solution.

Rob

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheCrow13's Avatar
    Thanks

It has not always been like that, when I had my 1G iPod Touch at 2.2.1 firmware the shut down lock set to 2min. always worked while vWallpaper was active. Now that I am on 3.0 firmware, the 2min. shut down/lock will not activate and the vWallpaper keeps playing. Accept the one I installed off Cydia (Spiral), which works flawlessly and the 2min. shut down/lock works with no issues and it shows it can be done. I hope someone out there can create some vWallpaper that works on 3.0 firmware, and I know the newer ones that are (MP4) vWallpaper don't work at all with the 2min. shut down/lock.

I installed a program called "sleep" that lets you choose a time when the device will respring. I works with Vwallpaper...I set it at 1 minute. HOWEVER, the timer needs to be manually reset when turning the phone back on. (you have to go into the program, choose time, exit out and hit home button)
    Any hackers out there that can get into this program so you can set it just once?
    This may be the solution.

UH

or you can use "QUICKLOCK" from cydia to manually lock/sleep your unit.

in my case I put this on my dock

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Add this url to your sources in cydia http://i.danstaface.net/deb/

vwallpaper & skrew will show an update. Update them and your sleep function will work again. It will use less battery than having the video wallpaper running from a theme in winterboard also.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cmomo0128 For This Useful Post:

chrisrotolo (2010-04-22), THEEHAMMER (2010-02-28)

@cmomo0128

thx man worked perfect!