Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Vwallpaper working on 3.0

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a question.... I opened up my cydia and it had 2 upgrades: one for Winterboard, and one for Mobile Sub something whatever it was that you put on the link. so my question is.... Does that mean I can install vWallpaper now and it'll work? I only want it for video ringtones. i'm only asking cuz i bought the aimersoft software and i don't want it to go to waste! Thanks for any answers you have
    MissLadyFeef LOVES HELP and THANKING!!!

where exactly do I put these files in my iphone using SSH? I see tmp but on the site it says cd/tmp and I can not find that.

Can you please tell me where each file should go?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

The winterboard method is SOOOO much better than vWallpaper b/c if you apply a theme in winterboard that happens to have a wallpaper in it then the video automatically doesn't work. This gives you the ability to put the video theme on top and a complete theme or whatever below. Thanks!!

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    The winterboard method is SOOOO much better than vWallpaper b/c if you apply a theme in winterboard that happens to have a wallpaper in it then the video automatically doesn't work. This gives you the ability to put the video theme on top and a complete theme or whatever below. Thanks!!
    I have read that the winterboard method does not start at the same point, and that it is not as smooth. I have not tried it though, so I can't confirm this. I would like to see vWallpaper working on 3.0 though.

I have a couple of video wallpapers working in Winterboard (3GS) and they all look great but then stop working after a few minutes. They just freeze. I didn't use the SSH method, I installed them through Cydia in the Themes (Videos) area.

Anyway, it's annoying that these just stop working. I'm assuming vwallpaper doesn't have this issue so it would be nice to see it updated to work with 3.0.

Finally got this vwallpaper to work properly on 3.0

The key is SBSettings add vwallpaper to the dock and open it from there...your icons wont disappear like it happened to me multiple times.

Add the 2 files to the tmp folder...execute the "dpkg -i SkrewCommon155.deb vWallpaper110.deb"

Then open SBSettings go to the dock open vwallpaper and get your vid going!!!

Now the only issue is that very few work since we need the vids TO BE 320x240, which before 3.0 could be anysize and it would autofit. Now they can not even be the same ratio- ex:640X960. THEY MUST BE 320x480.

The only other issue i see for me is that sometimes it doesnt start up right away until you open and close any app....but i use to have this happen on 2.2.1 so no big deal it works and i LOVE IT

The key is SBSettings add vwallpaper to the dock and open it from there...your icons wont disappear like it happened to me multiple times.

Add the 2 files to the tmp folder...execute the "dpkg -i SkrewCommon155.deb vWallpaper110.deb"

Then open SBSettings go to the dock open vwallpaper and get your vid going!!!

Now the only issue is that very few work since we need the vids TO BE 320x240, which before 3.0 could be anysize and it would autofit. Now they can not even be the same ratio- ex:640X960. THEY MUST BE 320x480.

The only other issue i see for me is that sometimes it doesnt start up right away until you open and close any app....but i use to have this happen on 2.2.1 so no big deal it works and i LOVE IT[/quote]

i've already installed SBsettings and vwallpaper on my phone. but idk how to execute the 2 files to the tmp folder you've given. sorry i'm such a noob.
    Last edited by hoeroLLa; 2009-07-13 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by cigahs View Post
    finally figured it out.. Cause mine was doing the same thing, so I had to come back to atleast tell you how because it was ticking me off soooo bad, I figured you were just as angry.

You have to remove Vwallpaper, then remove skrew common (both from cydia) this will get your phone back to normal until the new version comes out!

Hope this helps! Let me know.
    Thank you SOOOOOO much!

Here's a little tutorial I found for the folks who were curious on how to install vWallpaper on their iPhones....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTrBGG3iN5Q]YouTube - How to get vWallpaper beta on 3.0 iPhone 3gs[/ame]

Download the files from this site: First public beta for OS 3.0 | iPhone Software.
    Get skrewcommon and vwallpaper.
    SSH into your iphone and place these files in the tmp folder on your iphone.

Run these commands in terminal:
    dpkg -i /tmp/vWallpaper110.deb

dpkg -i /tmp/SkrewCommon155.deb

then restart your iphone.

i have everything installed on 3gs, perfectly. But videos dont play when someone calls. Vwallpaper works perfectly though

Quote Originally Posted by dboy900 View Post
    Here's a little tutorial I found for the folks who were curious on how to install vWallpaper on their iPhones....

YouTube - How to get vWallpaper beta on 3.0 iPhone 3gs

Download the files from this site: First public beta for OS 3.0 | iPhone Software.
    Get skrewcommon and vwallpaper.
    SSH into your iphone and place these files in the tmp folder on your iphone.

Run these commands in terminal:
    dpkg -i /tmp/vWallpaper110.deb

dpkg -i /tmp/SkrewCommon155.deb

then restart your iphone.
    I did everything step by step but when I went to execute dpkg -i /tmp/vWallpaper110.deb, it looked like it was going to work but then I got a confirm box pop up.. and it read

"Host has not answered in more then than 15 secons. Still waiting....

Warning: Aborting this operation wil close connection!"

Then all it had was a Abort button, and I cant do anything else but Abort it.

Any suggestions?

Also I can get vWallpaper to open now but when I got to select a wallpaper, I select it and it asked me if I want it, I hit yes. But nothing happens, my wallpaper remains the same.
    Last edited by matthis; 2009-07-16 at 12:23 AM.

You lost connection to your SSH. Try again.

hi guy´s hope you can help me out
    i installed vwallpaper through ssh on my iphone, by the way it workes fine
    if screw release it in cydia i want to load it via cydia, but first i have to uninstall the beta version, but how?
    i know i read it in a thread but i cant find it anymore

so how is the command to uninstall something via winscp??
    i thought it was dpkg uninstall -i SkrewCommon155.deb vWallpaper110.deb

is this correct??

thx for helping me out

Thanks

so... it doesnt work for me. dont know why, but i have it down loaded, just doesnt work.

how do i delete it off the phone?

** never mind **
    Last edited by spanky55amg; 2009-07-17 at 09:17 AM.

nobody had an answer,so i get it on my own

HOW TO REMOVE APPS Installed via SSH

The easiest way is via Cydia. In fact, the app is installed just like any apps you normally download and install via Cydia. You therefore can also use Cydia to check for its updates too, for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by hoeroLLa View Post
    i have a different problem regarding vWallpaper. when i try to open it up, it just crashes and brings me back to the home screen. but when someone calls me up, the video ringtones work. i don't want to use it's wallpaper video but just the video ringtone. anyone help??
    Thats because you are on the wrong firmware. Probally 3.0

Default vWallpaper not working
    Hey for all u guys out there who have issues with vwallpaper app crashing and exiting to the home screen there is only one option to fix the issue. You will have to start with uninstalling screw common, vwwallpaper and repo icons in respective order. once that is done reinstall vwallpaper mega pack from cydia and you should be good to go.

However, upon unistallation of repo icons you will lose associated apps for Ex: iblacklist...
    I am not responsible for any of you apps lost in this process.
    I would suggest you uninstall repo icons in rock since it will give you and idea of all the apps that are associated with repo icons.

If you have any questions feel free post on this thread and i will get back 2 u guys.
    Last edited by amithshetty85; 2010-02-13 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default VWallpape
    So has anyone had a successful download with VWallpaper?
    I have a 3gs 3.1.2 16g iphone and want to download Vwallpaper1.11 3.0 but scared I might mess up my phone per the other forums I read.

If I do download it will I have to reboot my iphone or just respring? My friend had to reboot and his ipod afterwards and is now locked on the apple loading screen and it will not let him access Black Rain.

Thanks everyone!!

i have a problem with vwallpaper. when i set my iphone to silent mode with through the switch on the left side of the phone my video tones still sound out loud. If i disable the vwallpaper ringtones my silent mode works just as normal.is there anything i can do to get them silent when they meant to be?
    Last edited by sayi; 2010-06-28 at 01:02 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12