Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2.2 video LockBackground

Default 2.2 video LockBackground
    not animated, real video on 2.2 LockScreen? this is impossible to find; anyone have a clue??

Thank you to everyone on this and the many iphone modding sites, for all the helpful info. and helping my iphone waht it is.

My question is.. simple enough, but cannot seem to find any solutions/direction anywhere.

I would like to use a video as my LockBackground. I did on 1.1.4 with iToday. I have 2.2 fw jailbroken with QuickPwn and winterboard. It seems there is no way to do this. I imagine it should be very simple. Has anyone got iToday to run on 2.2? I have tried it but it opens and crashes, tried changing permissions, but denied. I think it needs to be ported if Im not mistaken. There must be some other way via winterboard/ SSH to put a simple video file as LockBackground. We all know this must be able to be done fairly easily. Any help, please email/post, Thanks. I tried emailing Saurik, but Im sure he was busy.

Can anyone explain why this cannot be done?
    Thanks everyone.

:::Stands In Line Behind Previous Poster:::
    None So Blind As Those Who Will Not See

This would be awesome, I too would like to know.

Default vWallpaper on Slide to unlock screen
    I'm also trying to figure out how to put a video wallpaper on my lock screen. There must be a way to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, where can I go to download lots of great video wallpapers and video ringtones? I know I can custom make them myself, but I just want to take the easy route and download some that are already made.

Thx.

If you made one for the lockscreen, it would kill your battery a LOT faster...just imagine all the times that button gets pressed in your pocket/purse/w.e. >.>