Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Changing App Image but Keeping Theme

Default Changing App Image but Keeping Theme
    I downloaded this firefox app image to replace it with my safari app image. I downloaded it from my computer from modmyi. Question is I dont know which file to ssh it too. I have the winscp program for ssh and I know how to use it and everything but i just dont know where to drag it too. What file/folders do i go? same thing goes if i want to change my dock but keep my theme.

to change the Safari Icon, replace the file at:
    /private/var/stash/Applications/MobileSafari.app/icon.png

To replace the splash screen for safari, replace the file at:
    /private/var/stash/Applications/MobileSafari.app/Default.png

Posted from our PM discussion for anyone else with a similar interest:

Hey about my thread which was about changing my app images but keeping my same theme. What did you mean when you said splash screen?

For example I have a theme set up on my phone from cydia called iFrozen. I want to keep that theme but have the firefox app image instead of the image thats on my theme. How do I do that?

Also are all these themes,sliders,app images, etc etc that you can download from this website and planet-iphones are they all compatible with my phone? I have a 3g 2.0.1 firmware
    if you are using wintrerboard, you need to creat a custom theme. Unlike the old Customize app, you cannot just switch pieces in and out of the theme.

If you like iFrozen... but want to change just that one icon...

Go to /private/var/stash/Themes/iFrozen/Icons

then, just replace the MobileSafari.png file.
    Last edited by mad_llib; 2008-08-20 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I've downloaded the iglasssol theme for my 2G 2.0.1 iphone. I love the theme, however, I'd like to keep the regular unlock slider, instead of the iglasssol slider. How do I just change that? I have Winterboard and Customize installed. I SShd into "Customize2", found "Iglasssol.SMB"-MainSlider1 and took out the png that was in there and put the "bottombarknobgray.png" in there. Rebooted and the iglassol slider is still in there. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinner23 View Post
    I've downloaded the iglasssol theme for my 2G 2.0.1 iphone. I love the theme, however, I'd like to keep the regular unlock slider, instead of the iglasssol slider. How do I just change that? I have Winterboard and Customize installed. I SShd into "Customize2", found "Iglasssol.SMB"-MainSlider1 and took out the png that was in there and put the "bottombarknobgray.png" in there. Rebooted and the iglassol slider is still in there. Any thoughts?
    I'd say go into ssh mode either Cyberduck or WinSCP, and find your iglassol folder and find that specific file/files for the slider that comes with iglassol theme and then replace it with the slider that you want.