Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to make/upload wallpapers to iPhone?

Question How to make/upload wallpapers to iPhone?
    Can anyone be kind enough to tell me how to change the springboard wallpaper using iphonebrowser. Also can someone tell me how to make the wallpaper in Photoshop.

OR you can just point me towards a guide somewhere.

THANKS

He wants to know, like I do too, how to do this for the SPRINGBOARD, not the background wallpaper that usually shows the world.
    but where you have all your iphone icons without using summerboard. To be able to upload wallpaper using iphonebrowser. Where would the folder be in the iphone.
    Anyone?

This is how I added my own custom wallpaper to the default iphone wallpaper list using iphonebrowser and photoshop:
    open a new document with the size of 320x480 px.
    Just edit whatever picture you want to that size and save file as example.png

now you need a thumbnail preview of the wallpaper just as all the default iphone wallpapers do:
    open a new document with the size of 75x75 and cut a piece of your wallpaper to make a thumbnail preview. Save as the same name as your wallpaper but like this: example.thumbnail.png

now add to iphone using iphonebrowser:
    open iphonebrowser
    click Library
    click Wallpaper
    now you should see the list of the default wallpapers of the iphone in the right window
    click and drag your two files in.
    as far as i can remember, you don't need to restart your phone, but if it doesnt show then try it.

i'm not sure what the difference is between changing the springboard and background wallpaper, to me its the same thing. but this is my 2 pennies.

i hope it helped..maybe..sorta..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to suki105 For This Useful Post:

zoblue (2009-01-09)

Default I've deleted my wallpaper gallery can anyone help?
    ai
    Last edited by evster71; 2010-11-09 at 02:55 PM.