Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wallpaper HELP

Default Wallpaper HELP
    Anybody knows where can i find the location of the Stock Photos? Because i would like to add new Wallpapers in the same folder (not the menu background).

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jodiedicie's Avatar
    Thanks

/Library/Wallpaper

Quote Originally Posted by Jodiedicie View Post
    /Library/Wallpaper
    can you teach me what will i do and is it ok to use JPG files? Why it has 2 same file like 114.PNG and 114thumbnail.png?

Do you know where is the location of the other photos? can i add some photos directly via ibrikr without using iTunes Sync?

The difference between the two files is as stated in the naming scheme. The 114.png is the actual file (320x480) and the 114.thumbnail.png is a smaller thumbnail picture (75x75) used as a preview when you change your wallpaper in the settings/wallpaper on your phone.

Whatever picture you want to add will need to be a png. i tried adding a jpg into the folder but was unable to see it when changing wallpapers.

I don't use ibrikr so i am not sure how it handles adding files to your phone. I use either iFuntastic or Fugu - depending what i want to do. iFuntastic will automatically change the jpg to a png and add the corresponding thumbnail image. With Fugu i would need to add the picture then manually create a thumbnail via photoshop to add in.

Pictures taken by the camera are located in the " /private/var/root/Media/DCIM" folder
    Pictures located in the photo albums are located in the "/private/var/root/Media/Photo" folder. I do not believe you can add pictures to this without a iTunes sync since they create a database and condense them.
    Last edited by oOXDreadXOo; 2008-01-07 at 07:31 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to oOXDreadXOo For This Useful Post:

Jodiedicie (2008-01-07)

thank you for very nice and very clear explanation.

No Worries, hope it helped