Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wallpaper STUCK!!!

Default Wallpaper STUCK!!!
    I am having a problem with my lockscreen wallpaper. I had been ziphone jailbroken and decided to un-jailbreak my phone to get ready for the 2.0 release. However, now when I attempt to assign a new picture to my wallpaper screen, I cannot change the wallpaper whatsoever. It stays showing the same picture that I last had assigned via Customize 2.0. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Same thing started happening to me after I restored and winpwned. Maybe it was because I loaded the backup from before the restore, or maybe Customize just doesn't want you to change your wallpaper unless it's through it. =/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

You will need to SSH into your phone and go to /private/var/mobile/library folder and you should see a lockbackground.jpg file...just delete it and then set your new one like normal.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

Dash-2 (2008-07-04)

iPhone? More like MyPhone sdmojaydo619's Avatar
    Thanks

delete the following file in iphonebrowser or mobilefinder. The file is lockbackground.jpg. Its at Var/mobile/library/lockbackgound.jpg.
    Why can't people be more interrigent rike me? RICE!
    R.I.P - iPhone 2g, iPod classic 80GB

Haha, thanks =D
    Worked great.
    I hate using Customize for applying themes.. wish it was still just simple image mods.

So...I delete the file...do a sync with iTunes and then un-jailbreak again? Then I should be back to normal?

seems that way
    "Carpe iPhone"-"Seize the iPhone"-Steve's Roman Ancestors

Thanks

You shouldn't need to re-jailbreak again. Just delete the LockBackground and you should be able to change your wallpaper via "Settings". Do NOT use Customize to change wallpaper, it will cause it to "stick" everytime. I know some themes come with wallpapers in the pack so its kind of a bummer of you want to use it.
    Apples taste good.

Question :(
    Do you HAVE to rejailbreak your new iphone to SSH in and delete the file? I don't want to jailbreak my new iphone unless there is no other option.... Thanks!

i have searched for everything containing lockbackground.jpg on google and have found no one that says they still cannot change background after deleting lockbackground.jpg. i used icommander to delete it and now the world pic is on my background and i cannot change it via settings, nor photos. please help