Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocked Iphone Problems

Default Unlocked Iphone Problems
    Hi There,

I bought my iphone,16gb,1.1.4,in the states and unlocked it successfully.I have to say that I am really happy with it,apart from two things.
    1.I am on the 02 network in Ireland and when i go to google maps and hit locate me,it reads "Current location cannot be determined". Does anyone know whats wrong.My friend runs on the Meteor network and his works fine !!! Any suggestions??
    2.Also my iphone only seems to recognise contacts with the international prefix.Does this mean that I will have to put the international prefix before all my contacts???Any suugestions would be gratefully accepted! Many thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone njosnavelin's Avatar
    Thanks

1. Are you using Google Maps or Locate Me? I'm on 1.1.2 and the my Google Maps doesn't have a locate me button....

2. Yes i had the same problem unfortunately you will have to!
    When I said that I was 'king of forwards', you got to understand that I don't come up with this stuff. I just forward it along. You wouldn't arrest a guy who was just passing drugs from one guy to another?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to njosnavelin For This Useful Post:

conormurph (2008-04-08)

Unhappy iphone google map probs
    Hi there,

Many thanks for your reply. I am using google maps and the small icon(bottom left) when i hit it reads "cuurent location cannot be determined".I tried the locate application also but it didn't work either.Think it may have something to do with edge settings??
    Since my last post i manually entered all phone numbers with prefix +353 and its working fine.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

i may be wrong in both cases but in regards to google map find me function, i think that has to do with your baseband. what method did you use to unlock it?

also, i thought there was a fix in installer under iclarified's source for international caller id fixes. since you've already edited all your contacts it may not matter but check iclarified.com's tutorial for future reference

Hi there,thanks for your reply.
    I used the ziphone to unlock my iphone.My brother used the same and his works fine,only difference being that he is on a different mobile network??

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

in that case, yours should work as well. sorry can't be of more help

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jtesnani For This Useful Post:

conormurph (2008-04-09)

yeah,I'll keep trying ! thanks again

iPhone? More like MyPhone njosnavelin's Avatar
    Thanks

No it shouldn't matter about the network, I'm on Meteor aswell and it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by conormurph View Post
    Think it may have something to do with edge settings??
    erm it's unlikely as meteor doesn't support edge....are you trying it whilst conected to a wifi network? If you are then i'm really not sure what the problem is sorry
    When I said that I was 'king of forwards', you got to understand that I don't come up with this stuff. I just forward it along. You wouldn't arrest a guy who was just passing drugs from one guy to another?

I'm on 1.1.4 in the UK, jailbroken and unlocked - Google Maps Locate Me gives the same error to me. I used pwnage to unlock etc. I've tried numerous things including resetting all settings and installing Navizon and LocateMe.

Same problem here
    Pwnaged iphone and after that google maps stopped working
    Locate me finds cell towers, finds country, but then keeps try to acess DB and getting DB fail...

UPDATE:
    Fixed it with the folowing steps.(i think it will only work for non-US users)
    1) open maps app ( it will probably show a map of the US)
    2) input any adress in your country and make the app show it
    3)Bingo!!! try to locate now and it probably work
    I think it's necessary to load the google's Country database in order to allow it to work and you do this forcing the app to show a adress in your country
    Hope this will help
    Cadu
    Last edited by cadujr; 2008-05-29 at 10:09 PM.

I had a similar
    Problem with a pwnage 2.0.1 unlock, thought it was the baseband but actually it was the APN SETTINGS. iPhone gets confused with the wifi and tried to force a connection over EDGE data connection. This would leave my phone forever trying to connect to find it's current location.

Disable WIFI and it does work over forced edge. Hence, just block or fake the APN and iPhone will recognize ONLY a wifi connection for data. This will get the current location working.

btw this has nothing to do with the unlock. Thisonly happens because apple has PRESET APN configs that comes with iPhone 2.0.x. Simply changing the apn profile makes things back to normal.
    Last edited by trueno92; 2008-08-10 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost