Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need Help with Iphone 6 Disabled connect to Itunes

Default Need Help with Iphone 6 Disabled connect to Itunes
    Ok my son has an Iphone 6 that i bought him and he was grounded from it and so we took it away from him cause he got in trouble with it going off in class at school and his 8th grade teacher made him take it to the office and they put him in In-School suspension for 1 day. So we grounded him for this. Well i was gonna look in the phone and he gave me the passcode so he says and swears that was what it was. Well the code wouldnt unlock it. It would disable the phone for 5 min, then 30 min and so on. Well the last time i tried to unlock it trying other codes. It came up and said Iphone Disabled, please connect to Itunes. Well the thing about this is, it has never been sync'd with an itunes account. I know on mine i can connect it to my Itunes and unlock it with it. But his phone when i connect it to Itunes it says yada yada yada the phone is locked with a passcode and you must enter it before continue. Well it dont give me the prompt anymore to unlock the phone. It is on iOS 8.0.2 i think. Is there anyway around this with his apple ID and such? Dont want to restore the phone if dont have to but looking like this may be the only option. Any help greatly appreciated.

This is what Apple is recommending: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204306
    However, this only works if FindMyPhone is off.
    Here is also a video how to do it. Of course, you will have to restore to the latest IOS Apple is signing and that's 8.3.

If the FindMyPhone is on, then I don't know....I guess you will have to go to the nearest Apple Store with the proof of purchase and ask them for help.
    Last edited by bbrks; 2015-04-14 at 08:54 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bbrks For This Useful Post:

Kallell (2015-04-14)

yeah but dont want to lose the iOS version he is on and Jailbreak if possible

i found some stuff you could do back in iOS 5 but dont seem to work anymore i dont think.
    Last edited by bbrks; 2015-04-14 at 08:56 AM.

No, sorry, 8.3 is the only option.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bbrks For This Useful Post:

Kallell (2015-04-14)

yeah find my iphone app isnt on, but just didnt want to lose the iOS 8.0.2 version on it I think. Man is he gonna be pissed lol

Well, lets hope jailbreak for 8.3 is just around the corner

but if it comes down to having to take it to Apple Store, i have the reciept for it, that should be good enough right? I bought it straight out so he could use it with Straight Talk.

I guess so, but in this case, I can't give you a straight answer....I am not to familiar with US carriers

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bbrks For This Useful Post:

Kallell (2015-04-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kallell View Post
    but if it comes down to having to take it to Apple Store, i have the reciept for it, that should be good enough right? I bought it straight out so he could use it with Straight Talk.
    Yes, that would work.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

bbrks (2015-04-14)