Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SAM activation ticket

Default SAM activation ticket
    I have recently received an iphone 5c iOS 8.1.3 locked to Rogers. I have a saved SAM activation ticket in use for my currently used jailbroken iphone 3gs iOS 6.1.6 on chatr. Is there a way I can use my saved ticket to activate and use the 5c?

No, there ins't, SAM Ticket can not be transferred to another device.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bbrks For This Useful Post:

riverratt (2015-02-23)

So I'm learning. Actually answered my own question with a little more research but thanks for the reply. Appreciate it. Guess there not really anything I can do to make it usable past the icloud semi-bypass eh?
    Am I right to say that basically I've got myself an expensive paperweight at the moment?

Well, I am not sure if Rogers iPhones can be factory unlocked, or if there is any reliable unlocking service for that. Did you try to contact Rogers directly?
    Last edited by bbrks; 2015-02-23 at 02:11 PM.

Ya. A person would have better luck pulling teeth from a lion than getting Rogers to unlock a phone. Even if its gonna be used on one of their sister companies and I'm kinda loath to give them any money to do it if they asked only because I've already given them tens of thousands of dollars over my lifetime and I'm not interested in giving them any extra just so I can use a phone on a different company that they also own.

I'd rather take the phone and throw it at the Rogers business tower before I give them money to take it off one of their companies and use it on another one of their companies.