Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Activatioan Help

Default Activatioan Help
    I have an iphone 5s that I purchased from someone on craigslist and when I took it home to try activate it the phone says its attached to an icloud account. Tried to contact the seller several times and he wont return my calls and not im stuck with an expensive phone. Is there a way I can activate this phone under my icloud account?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

This is a security feature to prevent iPhones being stolen, without the owner's ID and password, there is no way you can activate it.

[uQUOTE=bada_bing;7213009]I have an iphone 5s that I purchased from someone on craigslist and when I took it home to try activate it the phone says its attached to an icloud account. Tried to contact the seller several times and he wont return my calls and not im stuck with an expensive phone. Is there a way I can activate this phone under my icloud account?[/QUOTE]

Guess you'll have to keep trying the vendor. It may well have been stolen and as iYeow says its a security feature to deter theft. No way to bypass it.