Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help with Blacklisted iPhone 5 **CASHFORIPHONES SCAM**

FIRST OFF..

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH CASHFORIPHONES!!!!

Now that we have that out of the way..Let me explain my story..

I just sold my i5 on ebay for a good price and my fiance decided to sell hers through cashforiphones.. ive dealt with websites that buy iphones in the past(gazzelle, hellototem) so i figured they would low ball their "quoted, up to $217" offer.. maybe $100 or $150 at best.. We were fine with that.. She got an email saying they would offer her SEVENTEEN DOLLARS for her i5.. Like everyone else would, we didnt feel that was fair so we asked that it be returned to us immediately.. After an hour on the phone and a few emails.. we finally got confirmation that her phone would be sent back and we waited..

side note.. when she got the email for the $17 offer there was an email in her junk mail 8 days before confirming the reception of her phone.. their policy states that if no reponse to email it is assumed that you accept the offer.. i instantly panicked but in the end, her phone was on its way home..

or so we thought..

tonight i get ready to post her phone on ebay.. take pictures.. write up the description.. and screenshot an IMEI check from swappa.com.. THE PHONE IS BLACKLISTED!! THEY SENT US THE WRONG PHONE!! to top it all off we cant find her original receipt nor the original box with the original IMEI to compare that we got sent the wrong phone.. i feel so dumb not doing my research on this site as i am usually good about those things..

So now the reason for this post..

I did some research in here and other searched on google.. and havent seemed to get the most up to date information..

Will this blacklisted att phone work internationally? (ive seen both answers in my searches)
    should i just sell as parts?
    Anybody else hear about this site?

Thanks

edit.. this phone has been unlocked by att via att.com/device unlock.. did not say anything about it being stolen and now that i am typing this im wondering if maybe this is in fact her phone and they reported it blacklisted? i dont know just random thoughts.. sorry lol
    Last edited by EastBayBeast510; 2014-11-25 at 08:18 AM.