Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3gs unlocking for tmobile

Default 3gs unlocking for tmobile
    Hi,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. I have an old iphone 3gs that i have already jailbroken a few years ago. I have not used this for a long time so i cant remember how i JB it, but i think blackra1n. IOS is 5.1.1. I currently have a iphone 5 but i wanted to see if i could use the 3gs as a backup in case anything happens to my phone. The 3gs is ATT and i am using tmobile now. I bought the 3gs used so i have no way to get ATT to unlock. I sent them an email and said since I am not the "owner" they wont unlock for me.

I installed ultrasnowbut it gets stuck on "searching". I was wondering if there is any way to get this to work? I see other JB available, but since i am using a 3gs, i dont know how safe it will be upgrading the IOS to not make the phone unusable.

Any tips or help is appreciated.

Thanks

What baseband is the 3gs on?

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    What baseband is the 3gs on?
    Is baseband the modem firmware? It says 05.16.05. I have ios 5.1.1 (9B206) installed.

Thanks

This might help. I have a 3gs on tmobile and I went to the latest firmware.

http://modmyi.com/forums/unlocking-a...ions-help.html

Thanks. I was able to get 5.13.04 baseband and ran ultrasnow on it. I dont have a sim for another carrier yet so cant check if it worked. A new problem now though. The camera stopped working. It is "stuck" on the shutter. Looked around the web and followed suggestions like resetting, restarting but nothing is working.

Quote Originally Posted by lordbodom View Post
    Thanks. I was able to get 5.13.04 baseband and ran ultrasnow on it. I dont have a sim for another carrier yet so cant check if it worked. A new problem now though. The camera stopped working. It is "stuck" on the shutter. Looked around the web and followed suggestions like resetting, restarting but nothing is working.
    do you have shsh blobs for 5.1.1 that will allow you to restore back to see if the shutter issue disappeared?