Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tmobile Phoned Locked to ATT after IOS 8 Update!!

Default Tmobile Phoned Locked to ATT after IOS 8 Update!!
    my tmobile 5s got locked after the update, now it says sim card is not valid, apple says is a att phone tmobile says is a tmobile phone, in the meantime I got no phone need to wait 24 hours... wtf!!!
    Rant away...
    I had done all the IOS updates before this is the first one that this has happen, go figure.

Wow that stinks. I am others will be interested in finding out how this gets resolved.

24 hours have passed, second called made, Second escalation done apparently something was not filled up correctly and now they are telling me it can take up to 48 hours, unreal I am out of words...

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Is this a phone you bought contract free from T-Mo or a phone that you had factory unlocked? Seems so odd this happening.

Original was from Tmobile, had it replaced under warranty at the apple store due to touch id stopped working, they gave me a new phone there, pop in my Tmobile sim no problem I did all the updates for the IOS 7 no issues, IOS 8 Boom... that is where I am now... unfreaking real.

Thanks

If it were me, I'd head to the Apple Store and get it resolved there or have them give you a new phone.
    Your battling bureaucracy and no one wants to commit to an issue.
    Apple Store has always dealt with my issues no questions asked.

they wont see me without a appointment, next one is Tuesday, I wont be sitting there for hours and hope they see me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If you give me the IMEI I can see exactly what network it's locked to.

I already have that info, The problem was when a replacement for my phone was done under warranty whoever did the exchange input something wrong, they put a iphone 5 in the system when it was actually a 5S, so that has created a big issue on their side, I am still waiting but the person assigned to the case keeps me updated, should have a resolution today according to her but I heard that before.

Thanks

Sorry to hear that your still dealing with this screw up. Hope it all works out for you.

Finally got my phone back... What a mission...