Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 LOCKED...Help me please.

Thanks
    Default iPhone 4 LOCKED...Help me please.
    Hi everyone

After a long time i bought again an iPhone and got into problems. I have iPhone 4 16GB with iOS 7.1 installed and modem firmware 4.12.09. I am not sure of it's carrier because i bought it from someone and he said that it came from abroad. I want to unlock it. Can anyone guide me how can i do it?

I tried searching Google a lot but i couldn't find the answer nor the unlocking process. i got to know that BB 4.12.09 has no unlocking till.
    My next question is, shall i try upgrading or downgrading it that it change it's BB and unlocking become possible?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by awaisagha View Post
    Hi everyone

After a long time i bought again an iPhone and got into problems. I have iPhone 4 16GB with iOS 7.1 installed and modem firmware 4.12.09. I am not sure of it's carrier because i bought it from someone and he said that it came from abroad. I want to unlock it. Can anyone guide me how can i do it?

I tried searching Google a lot but i couldn't find the answer nor the unlocking process. i got to know that BB 4.12.09 has no unlocking till.
    My next question is, shall i try upgrading or downgrading it that it change it's BB and unlocking become possible?
    You're not going to be able to downgrade the baseband at all, unfortunately. I doubt any interposition devices like the GEVEY SIM will work on 7.1 either. The only likely option would be to purchase an IMEI unlock from a third-party site like Chronic Unlocks or iDevice Guys.

What's the device's model number (in Settings -> General -> About -> Model)? That should give us a clue about what carrier it's from. Alternatively, you can purchase a "Carrier Check" from one of those same aforementioned websites, which will remove all doubt about which network your phone is locked to.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

awaisagha (2014-06-13)

Thanks
    I sent you IMEI in private message to you. Please help me out. I would be very thankful to you - believe me.