Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocked iPhone...Bluetooth not working??

Default Unlocked iPhone...Bluetooth not working??
    Hey All..

I'm using my unlocked iPhone with my Vodafone sim card. But I can't seem to get the BlueTooth to work at all. It just keeps searching for devices when I go into the settings. The little wheel just keeps turning and it says searching. Kinda strange. I can't see how it doesn't work. Anyways, is anyone else experiencing similar issues? Has anyone perhaps resolved it.

Would apprecite your help.

Regards..

~RICKY

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

wat r u trying to connect it to? your headset or computer?
     Think Different

Ideally both....but in reality my headset would save me a few bucks while driving. Any ideas whatI'm doing wrong?

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RickyGray View Post
    Ideally both....but in reality my headset would save me a few bucks while driving. Any ideas whatI'm doing wrong?
    check if your headset bluetooth is compatible with the iphone bluetooth
     Think Different

iPhone? More like MyPhone coiledserpent's Avatar
    Thanks
    i also have the same problem and im on vodafone aswell here in ireland.
    i was trying to connect both my iphone and my wifes and it keeps spinning that wheel searching.
    this happens on both mine and the wifes!

Default Same problem..
    I too have the same problem with unlocked 1.0.2 iPhone..

I was trying to fix my Wi-Fi Problem, which also fixed my Bluetooth problem.

Go to Settings->General->Reset->Reset Network Settings

it worked...
    Last edited by gak4u; 2007-10-18 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i 've tried it, reset network settings but still no luck...
    i 've got a sony ericsson HBH-GV435 which found on some forums to be compatible with iphone.

Exclamation Bluetooth problem
    I have the same problem with unlocked 1.0.2 iPhone...
    I just can use my Bluetooth with my headset!!! I can't connect with my computer, transfer files and pictures????? and can`t transfer pictures another cell phone???
    It just keeps searching for devices when I go into the settings.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Hey Gak4u..

If I reset my netwrk settings will that not lock my phone up and make it back to the factory settings??
    I am desperate for this to work but dont want to lose my phone.
    Cheers..

~RICKY

Well, apple saved a few bucks when it came to installing bluetooth hardware.
    U can't connect ur iPhone to anything but the apple Headsets and such that are compatible.....
    Which means no sending pics to friends phones.....
    Unless someone knows a fine hack of some kind.

Dude you are the bomb!!!! I reset the Network Setting and bingo.. My Apple Bluetooth works. Yeah. I am happy. Thanks so much.

hi.. i tried to reset my network setting also but still i cant use my bluetooth.. do you have other methods to trouble shoot this problem? thank you..

Hey Is There Any Program For Unlocking Bluetooth
    I Want To Sent The Picture Of My Girlfriend To My Wife's Phone...lol

Default bluetooth issue
    it seems most are having the pairing issue which leads me to believe that somewhere the pairing is not connecting. Just so you know i found on a apple forum or website that the common pairing is either 0000 or 0001 and if you pair with any other digits it could be causing a connection problem I was using 3464 and though it showed connected and my car audio system it would never actually connect (though it would show connected). so I found 2 things that worked IF and only IF it is connected but not 100% so to say! You will have to experience it so to say! it shows connected but doesn't activate or let you use the bluetooth. HERE iS THE FIX IN THIS CASE. Disconnect the blue tooth while it is disconnected toggle the airplane mode ( turn it on and off) then reconnect the bluetooth and boom it should work. Of course my iphone is jailbroke and activated on tmobile and using the 2.01 software from winpwn.
    Hope this helps all you guys out.

Thanks. This network reset worked on my jailbroken iPhone 3.1.2 where the bluetooth stopped working and kept turning off, instantly.

Hi my iPhone 4.0.1 is jail broken and unlocked my bluetooth simply won't work can some 1 help me thanks