Page 58 of 69 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1369

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Unlock Servers are down

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Someone deleted my older posts for sure. If you are not deleting messages then keep them all. there is nothing wrong about the posts. they all tell truths.

Quote Originally Posted by agreeta View Post
    Then refund my money!!!

Finnaly you gave a good advice.. it is good to read previous posts.

Guys anyone who couldnt get money from paypal. Appeal the desicion. And remind them that by US Law it is NOT legal for companies like Ideviceguys to unlock Iphone 5S and 5C Devices because they were made after January 26th 2013.... It's Now Illegal to Unlock Your Cellphone - ABC News

Because of that - 'Cowboy' / Ideviceguys are violation the PayPal Acceptable use policy....
    Prohibited Activities
    You may not use the PayPal service for activities that: violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation.

You may also do more since most of you guys live in the States..
    First you try to buy an unlock service from them, and then once they are unable to complete the service you turn around and claim they are providing an illegal service? What kind of hypocrite are you?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Let me first respond to the two posters before me about deleting posts. Cowboy didn't delete your posts. We have a spam filter on MMi, any new member with fewer than 5 posts who tries to post a link will find their post automatically moderated. It then has to be approved by a moderator to show up.

Secondly on your claims what he is doing is illegal, well that's a bit of a grey area. If I am not mistaken it IS still legal for the US carriers to unlock the phones themselves correct? Well the method in which this is done is basically an ATT employee is the one doing the unlock submission. So technically, the carrier IS the one still doing the unlock. So you and anyone would have almost no case with the "illegal" argument. Now what these ATT employees are doing is most likely in violation of their job description, which could lead to them getting fired for example. But that's probably as far as it would go legal wise.

ATT employees can not represent the company by theirselves. Other than the company ATT itself nobody or no other company can unlock phones without permit. Even their employees do this, what they do is illegal. I dont care that part. Cowboy say he is having issues about paypal and can not touch our money there to refund right? Then why the hell he put a tracking number on my case to obstruct the refund. Paypal would refund my money from blocked unuseful money on the account, right? I have not get ANY respond to my emails for 2 months! What if i wouldnt found this forum, in which way could i contact him? What is he trying to do? At least let people know how they can get their money back!

Quote Originally Posted by JandoDat View Post
    First you try to buy an unlock service from them, and then once they are unable to complete the service you turn around and claim they are providing an illegal service? What kind of hypocrite are you?
    Are you his lawyer? In Turkey where i live, buying that service is not illegal. In the US giving that service without permition is illegal. dont play word games with me! i am the one aggrieved here already.
    Last edited by agreeta; 2014-01-08 at 08:09 PM.

Let me first respond to the two posters before me about deleting posts. Cowboy didn't delete your posts. We have a spam filter on MMi, any new member with fewer than 5 posts who tries to post a link will find their post automatically moderated. It then has to be approved by a moderator to show up.

Secondly on your claims what he is doing is illegal, well that's a bit of a grey area. If I am not mistaken it IS still legal for the US carriers to unlock the phones themselves correct? Well the method in which this is done is basically an ATT employee is the one doing the unlock submission. So technically, the carrier IS the one still doing the unlock. So you and anyone would have almost no case with the "illegal" argument. Now what these ATT employees are doing is most likely in violation of their job description, which could lead to them getting fired for example. But that's probably as far as it would go legal wise.
    Hi Simon,
    It really is not a grey area. You are correct that the US Carriers are allowed to perform the unlock - But the thing is that the carrier is not really consenting this this unlock taking place. Yes it is very likely that the unlock is done by one or more ATT employees in violation of their employment contract - but the law as it is written very specifically talks about carrier 'Consent' and not about who performs the actual unlock. It was done and written that way exactly for AT&T to be covered in case someone went ahead and did it anyway (such as the above mentioned bad employee). I know this - because I called and asked the CTIA attorneys about this... If you have any doubt about it then read this posting by Michael Alschul who is the General Council for CTIA that has the law created !.
    Unlocking a Smartphone: What’s Really Happening | CTIA-The Wireless Association® Blog
    I have no skin in the game at this point - I got my money back - but ignorance to the law is not an excuse to these facts or how the law was written. Carrier Consent is not the same an an AT&T person doing an unlock. The only real proof you have that AT&T Consents to an unlock taking place is when you go to the AT&T Iphone Unlock page and request it - or open a help desk issue with AT&T. Just as a side note - AT&T actually unlocked my Iphone 5 - 6 months into my contract without charging me any fees...

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jorgenchr For This Useful Post:

agreeta (2014-01-08), NewD (2014-01-11)

Just sent to you Cowboy, a PM with both my IMEI for upgrade, I am not sure if you received it. Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by BW9 View Post
    Just sent to you Cowboy, a PM with both my IMEI for upgrade, I am not sure if you received it. Thanks for your help.
    Got your email and Pm thanks ill email you in a just a few

Quote Originally Posted by agreeta View Post
    Are you his lawyer? In Turkey where i live, buying that service is not illegal. In the US giving that service without permition is illegal. dont play word games with me! i am the one aggrieved here already.
    The point is, you decided to use his service, which according to you is "illegal." Therefore you ARE a hypocrite for using something you are condemning. If you want to raise a red flag about someone, don't go and try to do business with them first....

No word games here pal, only facts.

Quote Originally Posted by JandoDat View Post
    The point is, you decided to use his service, which according to you is "illegal." Therefore you ARE a hypocrite for using something you are condemning. If you want to raise a red flag about someone, don't go and try to do business with them first....

No word games here pal, only facts.
    Now that is a good point - but considering this specific person lives in another country - or perhaps even someone in the US who is not aware of the current US law consider the following.
    1. Go to ideviceguys.com main page - do you see anything on that page that warns people about the fact that any unlock service provided specifically for an Iphone 5C or 5S knowingly violates US law ? (and I say that because we all know these specific phones came out after January 26th 2013). The answer to that answer clearly is NO.

2. Now select that Iphone 5C / 5S Unlock and do a 'checkout'. Do you see any warnings ? Again the answer is NO.

3. Now get to the place where you provide your name / Address /IMEI Number. Anything on that page ? YES and NO.
    I say YES because there is a field where you mark that you agree to the terms and conditions - Most people - especially people who don't speak english well - probably never read that sort of stuff when they order anything. But in this case- this is the ONLY place on this entire website where its mention that the service provided is in fact - well not legal... The very specific language in those terms and conditions says and I quote 'Due to the recent legislation passed by the library of Congress for the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA), we are forbidden to unlock devices manufactured on January 26th and later' Then it also says 'We will not be held liable for knowingly unlocking a device that was made from this date onwards'.

So yes - you can argue if providing a service is legal or not if its done by a crooked AT&T employee - but maybe we can at least agree that many people might just google for an Iphone 5S / 5C unlock service - discover this website - order the unlock and never actually get into reading these well hidden terms and conditions. And I am at this point not trying to pick another argument with 'Cowboy' etc. here - I am simply stating this specific website hides these facts deep in the ordering process.

And regardless of everything else here - go back and read that specific Term and Conditions language provides by this company. Could you please tell me how it would be possible for anyone in this country to write that down - and then somehow claim they did not know that the Iphone 5S and 5C models being unlocked did not violate that exact legal language ? We all know these specific phones did not hit the market until September 2013 - some 8 months after the law quoted became effective..

So to wrap this up - It's not according to ME this service is illegal - It's actually according to Ideviceguys.com own Term And Conditions that it is illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Got your email and Pm thanks ill email you in a just a few
    I did not get any email from you Cowboy, can you please write to me. Thanks again.

Just sent you an email thanks

Cowboy I bought a unlock service from you guy for $135 24-48hrs it's been more than 48 ours can i ask what is the progress of my unlock

Send me a PM me or email with your imei. So I can check for you

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hello everyone,

I need to test a slow (up to 72 hours) AT&T iPhone unlocking service. This service supports all models no matter the imei status. I already have a 24 hour or less service but I want to be able to offer a slower service as well. If anyone is interested please pm me. You can pay after the unlock has been successful.

*Unlock is not guaranteed. That's why I say I need to test.

Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The legality of the methods being used to get the iPhones unlocked is what should be in question, not the middleman offering the service.

It seems that there are many folks trying to talk about the legality of third-party unlocking methods, but I wonder how many have read the actual text of the bill and the January 2013 changes.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Chronic For This Useful Post:

Cowboy (2014-01-10)

Iphone 5S ATT unlocked in 11 business days with round 2 10-14 day service $110 with ideviceguys. Thanks Logan...glad you have this forum and have kept the communication lines open. Thanks for getting this done in the timeframe

So Logan is 2 for 2 with me, one unlock in October and one now, wish none of us on both side ever went thru the November crisis.

Thanks Logan for upgrading me and getting it done

19. The Following User Says Thank You to curyousgee For This Useful Post:

Cowboy (2014-01-10)

No problem thank you.

November was hellish doing my best to get orders done and to get refunds out as quickly as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by spladow View Post
    hi, can you get the unlock code for the nokia lumia 520 locked to at&t? if so what is the price.?
    Coincidentally, I Just received this email for $45 standard and $65 express unlock:
    - - -
    Good Day!
    Nokia Lumia 520s can now be unlocked! We received access to the suppliers database today after months and wanted to email you because you either had interest in unlocking one or emailed us regarding the Lumia 520 in the past. You can find the products below. We have two options: the standard and the express version! We have one of the fastest delivery time in the market!
    Nokia Lumia 520 (AT&T) Unlock Code
    Nokia Lumia 520 (AT&T) *EXPRESS* Unlock Code

If you have any more questions feel free to email me or livechat me on the website!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Unlock Cell Phone - Mobile Phone Unlocking - How to Unlock Cell Phones
    - - -
    Tried these guys when the mess started in Sep/Oct and they failed twice when nobody could and refunded after a few days. It's the first new offering for 520 I am seeing. I still have one pending with Cowboy and one with Chronic. Both over a month… But I cannot vouch for the above either. They have yet to deliver as well. Just wanted to share the info. I would hope that means people might get access again, and things might relax a bit.
    Last edited by kamaaina; 2014-01-10 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronic View Post
    It seems that there are many folks trying to talk about the legality of third-party unlocking methods, but I wonder how many have read the actual text of the bill and the January 2013 changes.
    I have - do you have any questions about it ?

Quote Originally Posted by nicholasss View Post
    The legality of the methods being used to get the iPhones unlocked is what should be in question, not the middleman offering the service.
    I think what can be debated is the law itself. I never stated it makes any practical sense. People who sign a 2 year contact with AT&T still have to pay AT&T if the phone gets unlocked. People who has a 2 year contract with AT&T still pay AT&T the same rate after the 24 months period - it's not like AT&T gives you a $30 monthly discount because the phone is paid etc. The law makes little sense - even the whitehouse agree about that - but right now it is unfortunate still the law, and from a legal point of view (and yes ... I absolutely know what I am talking about here - I had this verified by our copyright attorney) - the law does not distinguish between words like 'Middleman' or 'The person who hits the button to activate the Unlock at AT&T). It does make a difference between a person breaking Copyright rules (and this is in fact a Copyright issue as crazy as it sounds) for Non Commercial purposes and someone or a company doing it for Commerical purposes.
    Example: If you as an individual rent a move and make a copy or somehow figure out how to unlock a phone using a company like ideviceguys - then you the individual can face a Civil Penalty of not less than $250 or more than $2500 per phone or Movie etc.
    But... If you act as the Middleman OR if you are the person doing the actual Unlock and there is any hint of this happening Willfully and with Commercial advantage OR Private Gain (ie. If Money is involved...) Then § 1204 of the Copyright act takes effect , and that makes it a Criminal (or Felony) offence - with up to 5 Years of imprisonment for the first offense (that is ONE PHONE UNLOCK provided) and 10 Years for subsequent offenses.
    Again not my words - not my problem - it is what it is.. and for the person who asked if anyone read the law - absolutely - here it is black and white:
    For the Civil (non commercial offense) that would be for the person who orders the unlock service:
    http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCODE-...12-sec1203.pdf
    And for the Criminal offense - that is the company / person who charges Money for the service...
    http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCODE-...12-sec1204.pdf

Laugh all you want - ignore this at your own will - argue all you want about this not being the case - convince yourself that your hidden Term and Services somehow clears you from this - not my issue or place to comment on... I am simply stating the law as it is written...
    Last edited by jorgenchr; 2014-01-10 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jorgenchr View Post
    I have - do you have any questions about it ?

I think what can be debated is the law itself. I never stated it makes any practical sense. People who sign a 2 year contact with AT&T still have to pay AT&T if the phone gets unlocked. People who has a 2 year contract with AT&T still pay AT&T the same rate after the 24 months period - it's not like AT&T gives you a $30 monthly discount because the phone is paid etc. The law makes little sense - even the whitehouse agree about that - but right now it is unfortunate still the law, and from a legal point of view (and yes ... I absolutely know what I am talking about here - I had this verified by our copyright attorney) - the law does not distinguish between words like 'Middleman' or 'The person who hits the button to activate the Unlock at AT&T). It does make a difference between a person breaking Copyright rules (and this is in fact a Copyright issue as crazy as it sounds) for Non Commercial purposes and someone or a company doing it for Commerical purposes.
    Example: If you as an individual rent a move and make a copy or somehow figure out how to unlock a phone using a company like ideviceguys - then you the individual can face a Civil Penalty of not less than $250 or more than $2500 per phone or Movie etc.
    But... If you act as the Middleman OR if you are the person doing the actual Unlock and there is any hint of this happening Willfully and with Commercial advantage OR Private Gain (ie. If Money is involved...) Then § 1204 of the Copyright act takes effect , and that makes it a Criminal (or Felony) offence - with up to 5 Years of imprisonment for the first offense (that is ONE PHONE UNLOCK provided) and 10 Years for subsequent offenses.
    Again not my words - not my problem - it is what it is.. and for the person who asked if anyone read the law - absolutely - here it is black and white:
    For the Civil (non commercial offense) that would be for the person who orders the unlock service:
    http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCODE-...12-sec1203.pdf
    And for the Criminal offense - that is the company / person who charges Money for the service...
    http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCODE-...12-sec1204.pdf

Laugh all you want - ignore this at your own will - argue all you want about this not being the case - convince yourself that your hidden Term and Services somehow clears you from this - not my issue or place to comment on... I am simply stating the law as it is written...
    And since someone asked if I had read the law itself - you can read it here: http://www.copyright.gov/fedreg/2012/77fr65260.pdf

Page 65255 in the Federal Register first column.. and the previous pages outlining the decision - that ruling was published October 26th 2012 and provided a 90 day grace period - which is why phones sold or manufactured after January 26th 2013 are covered...
    Lot's of fun reading....

Page 58 of 69 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast