Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: no service

Default no service
    Hi everyone,

I have just unlock and active the phone , but after I done all those step, and insert my non-att sim card, it shows no service , I'm using 3 network in australia.

Cheers

What version is your phone software?

I just had this problem with a previous phone because it was 1.0 and not 1.0.2, so I ended up not having the right software for it.

Quote Originally Posted by emperorcarter View Post
    What version is your phone software?

I just had this problem with a previous phone because it was 1.0 and not 1.0.2, so I ended up not having the right software for it.
    1.0.2, I think iphone doesn't work on 3g, because it works fine on other network, anybody know if I can somehow make it work??

cheers

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

if its 3g It will not work at all
     Think Different

Thanks

isnt 3g data speed and gsm the carrier..i think so..because have a 3g ppc and its sim works on my iphone ..its just slower on the web..

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jjgsxr883 View Post
    isnt 3g data speed and gsm the carrier..i think so..because have a 3g ppc and its sim works on my iphone ..its just slower on the web..
    well not really like in korea the iphone I think the iphone wont work cuz of their 3g sim
     Think Different

it has nothing to do with 3g....if you do it from 1.0 without fully restoring it to 1.0.2 then it will screw up the baseband. you'll have to reset baseband and restore once again then start over from beginning....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stupidroy View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have just unlock and active the phone , but after I done all those step, and insert my non-att sim card, it shows no service , I'm using 3 network in australia.

Cheers
    You need to reset the baseband to factory state with bbupdater.

SSH into the iPhone and type the command:

#> bbupdater -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep

You can get the file "ICE03.14.08_G.eep" from the firmware ramdisk. You can get BBupdater anywhere.

PS: Sorry, must add that you have to unload the com.apple.CommCenter before running this command. Once its completed, load the com.apple.CommCenter and you'll have your signal.
    Last edited by Eurisko; 2007-10-05 at 02:23 PM.

Thanks

thank you ...i knew it had nothing to do with 3g...i was trying to tell him.maybe sim wont work but has nothing to with 3g

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    You need to reset the baseband to factory state with bbupdater.

SSH into the iPhone and type the command:

#> bbupdater -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep

You can get the file "ICE03.14.08_G.eep" from the firmware ramdisk. You can get BBupdater anywhere.

PS: Sorry, must add that you have to unload the com.apple.CommCenter before running this command. Once its completed, load the com.apple.CommCenter and you'll have your signal.
    Thanks !! but could you give me more detail ? how can I SSH into the iphone? and where is com.apple.CommCenter?

Cheers

Thanks

Thanks !! but could you give me more detail ? how can I SSH into the iphone? and where is com.apple.CommCenter?

Cheers
    nik138 was nice enough to send this to me, with pretty good step by step so here it is with just a couple of adjustments.

To start with, you need to download the following files:

- ICE03.14.08_G.eep
    http://rapidshare.com/files/56129951...4.08_G-eep.rar

- bbupdater you can download from
    www.freeiphoneunlock.com/hardware/bbupdater

Manually place them into your iphone's /usr/bin folder using "ibrickr" .
    http://ibrickr.com/downloads/ibrickr_v0.8.zip

[to install OpenSSH on your iphone, first install Installer.app via applications on ibrickr. Then through Installer.app you can install OpenSSH]

Once all files are in place, please do the following:

Use Putty (on a PC) or Terminal (on a Mac).

[putty download] (http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~s.../download.html)

[on a PC]
    - run Putty
    - Host name is the IP address of the iPhone (example: 192.168.0.44).
    - Port 22
    - User ID: root
    - Password: dottie

[on a Mac]
    - Run Terminal
    - type: ssh -l root 192.168.0.44 (again as an example)
    - password: dottie

2. Once you have logged in type: cd /usr/bin

- Now type: launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

- Now type: bbupdater -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep

- After you see DONE, type: launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

Lastly type: exit

You should now have a signal. If not, reboot the iPhone and THEN you should have a signal.

PS: Hopefully you know how to assign an IP address to your iPhone. The easiest method is to set your Wireless router to broadcast DHCP. Then all you have to do is turn your WiFi on. Once connected, to locate your IP address on the iPhone, go to Settings -> WiFi -> [the name of your connected router (will have a checkmark beside it)] and you will see the assigned IP address.

Hi Eurisko,

That's really clear and I followed it , but is said in the end "Error: Baseband bootloader is too old; update to 1.8 or later and try again" , any idea ?

Also My phone does working on other network just this this 3g network doesn't work, is it the way to fix ?
    Thanks again!!
    Last edited by stupidroy; 2007-10-06 at 08:34 AM.

Thanks

Um.. which firmware version are you using?

Thanks

Thanks
    Bizarre. Try the version I attached, remember to "chmod 755 bbupdater" in the shell. This one works for me, and I've never gotten that message.
    Attached Files Attached Files

cheers, but where should I put this line?

hi I upload the new version bbupdater that you have attached and run chmod 755 bbupdater right after launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
    still no luck,any idea ?
    Cheers
    Last edited by stupidroy; 2007-10-07 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

the command "chmod 755 bbupdater" is simply to give execute permissions to the new bbupdater program you installed. You still follow the original directions.

hi Eurisko,

Thank you for your effort in helping this, but still no luck , I have just check the modem firmware on my iphone, and it's 03.14.08_G already , doesn't it mean I can't use 3G network anyway ?

Cheers

I've got the exact same situation. Does this mean the phone will now work only with ATT sim?

hi,

got my iphone unlocked last night. I am running 1.0.2 firmware version.

Anysim did the trick, i am able to add SIMs from the 3 carriers where I live.

The problem that I hace is that the phone keeps losing the carriers signal. This means that i can make calls (sometimes) but i am not able to receive any calls.

Is my problem releated to the one described in this thread?

thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast