Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: no service

Thanks

The quicker way of chmodding bbupdate is:
    Code:
    chmod +x bbupdater
    All the files mentioned including bbupdater should preferably reside in the /usr/bin folder on your phone.

what is and how do I chmod 775 bbupdater, i do this in terminal window? and type in the sentence?

is this correct? I just did as per Your instructions:

/System/Library/LaunchDaemons$ launchctl unload -w com.apple.CommCenter.plist
    /System/Library/LaunchDaemons$ chmod 775 bbupdater
    /System/Library/LaunchDaemons$ bbupdater -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep
    Preparing to flash using /dev/tty.baseband at 750000 baud
    Please reset target
    Resetting target...
    ProcessDetailUpdated: Boot-loader is active
    ProcessDetailUpdated: EBL version: 3.9_M3S2 3..9
    ProcessDetailUpdated: Boot mode is: CC
    ProcessDetailUpdated: Baud rate set to 750000
    ProcessDetailUpdated: Get flash id.
    ProcessDetailUpdated: CFI stage 1
    ProcessDetailUpdated: Flash ID is: 88620089
    ProcessDetailUpdated: CFI stage 2
    ProcessDetailUpdated: Boot process finished
    ProcessOutlineUpdated: Reading SW version data
    Error: couldn't retrieve version information: File not found.
    Upgrade from đťŕ/ to ŕ˙/
    Downloading EEP
    ProcessOutlineUpdated: Start downloading from file ICE03.14.08_G.eep.
    ProcessDetailUpdated: Sending sec-pack.
    ProcessDetailUpdated: Load region 0
    ProcessDetailUpdated: Sending end-pack.
    ProcessDetailUpdated: Checksum OK.
    ProcessDetailUpdated: Verify OK
    ProcessOutlineUpdated: Process time was 1665 msec.
    Resetting target...
    Done
    /System/Library/LaunchDaemons$ launchctl load -w com.apple.CommCenter.plist

it returned one error: Error: couldn't retrieve version information: File not found.

how to fix it? what file is it missing?

thanks, I believe we are getting somewhere
    Last edited by markor; 2007-10-10 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stupidroy View Post
    Hi Eurisko,

That's really clear and I followed it , but is said in the end "Error: Baseband bootloader is too old; update to 1.8 or later and try again" , any idea ?

Also My phone does working on other network just this this 3g network doesn't work, is it the way to fix ?
    Thanks again!!
    No way! the iphone isn't 3g?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by markor View Post
    it returned one error: Error: couldn't retrieve version information: File not found.

how to fix it? what file is it missing?

thanks, I believe we are getting somewhere
    The File it's referring to is likely "ICE03.14.08_G.eep". Place bbupdater in /usr/bin. Place "ICE03.14.08_G.eep" in your Home folder (~). The only other things you should see there are the folders Library and Media.

SSH to your Home folder.
    From your Home folder type: launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
    Then type: bbupdater -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep (this file must be in the same folder you execute bbupdater from)
    Once complete type: launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    No way! the iphone isn't 3g?
    Nice sarcasm.

3G networks do recognize GSM phones.
    Last edited by Eurisko; 2007-10-10 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

y si me version de software es 1.1.1 de fabrica, me sirve este proceso

Default still no luck
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    The File it's referring to is likely "ICE03.14.08_G.eep". Place bbupdater in /usr/bin. Place "ICE03.14.08_G.eep" in your Home folder (~). The only other things you should see there are the folders Library and Media.

SSH to your Home folder.
    From your Home folder type: launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
    Then type: bbupdater -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep (this file must be in the same folder you execute bbupdater from)
    Once complete type: launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

Nice sarcasm.

3G networks do recognize GSM phones.
    this give me some helps, but still no luck , still says I need get a updated version.

Quote Originally Posted by cocoloco View Post
    hi,

got my iphone unlocked last night. I am running 1.0.2 firmware version.

Anysim did the trick, i am able to add SIMs from the 3 carriers where I live.

The problem that I hace is that the phone keeps losing the carriers signal. This means that i can make calls (sometimes) but i am not able to receive any calls.

Is my problem releated to the one described in this thread?

thanks
    Were you able to solve your problem? My iphone is showing the same problem. i hope someone can help. Its unlocked using software 1.0.2 and modem firmware 03.14.08_G

no luck yet.... can you use other network ? I could , but not 3g network.

Quote Originally Posted by camsr View Post
    Were you able to solve your problem? My iphone is showing the same problem. i hope someone can help. Its unlocked using software 1.0.2 and modem firmware 03.14.08_G
    My T-Mobile signal drops in an out rapidly. Never did this on the older phone I first had. Just baseband downgraded and unlocked the new one.

Please help !

P.S. A donation is coming soon to all you guys!

Default NO SERVICE, what is the cause?
    After extended testing I can tell this: I am on 1.0.2. bb 3.14.08_G, unlocked with IPSF, jailbreaked, PACAY Youtube fixed,
    my iPhone went to noservice after lots of use od Youtube - PACAY
    or with lots of use od wifi internet.
    If I used as cellphone only it remains in signal till battery dies.
    did anyone find the solution?

Default no service
    I have v 1.1.1
    but no service
    idea

Im getting no service as well...is this a new thing that is going on!??!? HELP!!!

Default No Service fixed.
    I am on Fido in Canada, and use Orange while visiting the UK. Obviously my iPhone is unlocked. Before you start freaking out this is just my experience on how I got rid of the "No Service Curse...

I was having the "No Service" issue here visiting the UK (from Canada), i reflashed the firmware, the baseband, anysim'd over and over, revirginized, etc... I ended up calling Orange and they re-"activated" the sim card - all is well. This involved telling them the numbers on the back of the sim card and within 30 mins everything was working. I spent hours on forums reading, diggin thru sites and blogs, but at the end of the day If you are using a foreign sim while abroad - you may just need to call the service provider and give a few details.

My iPhone is v1.1.1 OTB upgraded to v 1.1.2 - Like i said I virginized and upgraded all the way to 1.1.2 using the anysim method. I even did the ssh with baseband updater etc... not necessary. If you can use your unlocked iPhone at home with no issues then call your service provider of the PayAsYouGo sim card you are using while abroad.

Having said that I dunno about the no service errors on your home carrier...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12