Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlock an ATT refurb Iphone

Default Unlock an ATT refurb Iphone
    I just got a refurb iphone from ATT. When I go to Setting->General->About, it shows that the version is 1.0.1(1C25) and modem firmware is 03.14.08_G. I want to unlock my Iphone using iPlus(heard that it is safer). But do I need to upgrade it to 1.1.4 firmware before I can unlock it? How to upgrade it to 1.1.4(By Itune?)? What is the bootloader version of my iphone? Is it better to use Ziphone? If I want to upgrade to 2.0(when it is available in June), will iPlus be the better choice? Please help me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jeffwo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreyfu View Post
    I just got a refurb iphone from ATT. When I go to Setting->General->About, it shows that the version is 1.0.1(1C25) and modem firmware is 03.14.08_G. I want to unlock my Iphone using iPlus(heard that it is safer). But do I need to upgrade it to 1.1.4 firmware before I can unlock it? How to upgrade it to 1.1.4(By Itune?)? What is the bootloader version of my iphone? Is it better to use Ziphone? If I want to upgrade to 2.0(when it is available in June), will iPlus be the better choice? Please help me.

I also just got my new 8GB Refurb in today. Same version (1.0.1). Will be watching your thread for my answers to the same question.

Good luck,
    Jeff

I also got one today... It came with 1.1 software on it so I was trying to restore it to 1.4 before I unlocked it. itunes keeps giving me an error. Has anyone successfully unlocked an AT&T refurb yet?

I got the samething today 1.1 software update it to 1.4 then proceed to jailbreak and activate it with ziphone successfully, but the only problem is after the process the emergency sliding bar is still there. I can call people and receive call, but can't access the applications.

I recieved the att refurbished iphone today. I got the same error, so I removed the sim card and it upraded from 1.1 to to 1.4 with no problems. I then ran ziphone and unlocked and jailbreaked it. Everything works fine.

Just download and install the latest version of iTunes to your windows PC.
    Connect the iphone to PC and let iTunes detect it.
    Once iphone detected, update the firmware to latest 1.1.4
    Then use the Ziphone 2.6b to unloack it "Do it All" button.

That was fun. I ended up pulling out my old windows laptop and using itunes 7.4.3 to restore my phone to 1.1.4. Then, when my mac still didn't recognize my phone, I ended up unlocking it with the windows version of ziphone 2.6b. Still nothing worked. I finally reinstalled itunes 7.6.1 and everything seems to be working okay now. I just finally upgraded to leopard last weekend, and I think it corrupted my itunes as I was not able to connect my previously unlocked iphone tonight either.

If you're getting the 1603 error, try reinstalling itunes. (or try restoring on a windows machine...) Hopefully this will help those of you having the same issues.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by katlimaal View Post
    Just download and install the latest version of iTunes to your windows PC.
    Connect the iphone to PC and let iTunes detect it.
    Once iphone detected, update the firmware to latest 1.1.4
    Then use the Ziphone 2.6b to unloack it "Do it All" button.
    iTunes doesn't give me an option to update firmware. Goes straight to "AT&T Customer" page

Do I need to put my SIM card in the iPhone first?

Help!

iPhone? More like MyPhone taylorcold's Avatar
    Thanks

Hold down the home and power button. After 10 seconds the screen will go dark release the power button. Hols on to the home button until iTunes recognises it. The phone will be in restore mode. Now you can update to 1.1.4.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to taylorcold For This Useful Post:

Jeffwo (2008-03-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by taylorcold View Post
    Hold down the home and power button. After 10 seconds the screen will go dark release the power button. Hols on to the home button until iTunes recognises it. The phone will be in restore mode. Now you can update to 1.1.4.
    O.K....after downloading the .NET Framework v2.0.5??? and following these instructions, I have sucessfully updated the software (using iTunes) and Unlocked it, Jailbroke, etc (using Ziphone 2.6b)

Now to figure out how to deal with the AT&T part of the situation.

Once you jailbreak and unlocked your iphone just pop in your old ATT sim in and your good to go. Also turn edge off if you don't have a data or else it will rob you.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I ordered one of these refurbished 8GB iphones from AT&T last week. Still waiting on it (Back ordered) I have been reading reports online that the quality of the AT&T refurb is questionable at best.Has anyone experienced this? I have read about older firmware,scratches...etc.

Thanks