Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 4 with 04.10.01

Default Iphone 4 with 04.10.01
    Hi. I bought an Iphone 4 from someone, it had a ROGERS sim card in it, but I notice it also has Cydia and Ultrasn0w installed with a green check mark next to it. I dont have a mini sim card for another carrier and I am trying to figure out if this phone is unlocked or not or if it can be, from a 2010 post on this site it says my baseband cant be unlocked? Here is the Iphone info, hopefully someone will be able to tell me if it is or isnt unlocked (able).

Iphone 4
    Version: 4.3 (8F190)
    Model: MC603C
    Modem firmware: 04.10.01

Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bradbmtl View Post
    Hi. I bought an Iphone 4 from someone, it had a ROGERS sim card in it, but I notice it also has Cydia and Ultrasn0w installed with a green check mark next to it. I dont have a mini sim card for another carrier and I am trying to figure out if this phone is unlocked or not or if it can be, from a 2010 post on this site it says my baseband cant be unlocked? Here is the Iphone info, hopefully someone will be able to tell me if it is or isnt unlocked (able).

Iphone 4
    Version: 4.3 (8F190)
    Model: MC603C
    Modem firmware: 04.10.01

Thanks
    You're correct, you cannot unlock your current baseband, sorry. The only way to unlock your device is by using the Gevey SIM.

Figured as much. Thanks alot for the quick reply. However, isnt there a possibility that it is Factory Unlocked?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bradbmtl View Post
    Figured as much. Thanks alot for the quick reply. However, isnt there a possibility that it is Factory Unlocked?
    If you think that there is a possibility that it's factory unlocked then you could always try another Micro-SIM (on another network)?

Hope you get it working

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

+1, by putting any non working foreign sim, if it says searching and then no service, then it is factory unlocked.

If the signal shows zero bars and doesn't say no service, then it is locked to carrier