Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 4 on 4.3.1 FACTORY UNLOCKED..I jailbroken the phone BUT lost the UNLOCk..HELP

Default iphone 4 on 4.3.1 FACTORY UNLOCKED..I jailbroken the phone BUT lost the UNLOCk..HELP
    I used GreenP0sion to jailbreak an unlocked iphone 4..after the jailbreak i lost the unlock as the phone no longer reads the sim..I have No sim on the phone now..tried to factory restore it, no luck as the jailbreak is still there..Baseband is 03.10.01..Ive been unable to use the phone to make calls...Just found out that 4.3.1 to 4.3.3 can be jailbroken via jailbreak me...Is there anything I can do to get my unlock back?? please help..

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Do you have shsh blobs ?

You definitely need a restore.

If this your first time jailbreaking this device, you probably don't have the blob, you can check with Tiny umbrella to see if you have any saved blob or you are forced to restore to 4.3.5 and have a tethered jailbreak.

Correct, I would have recommended Jailbreakme.com 3.0 to jailbreak your device.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-09-21 at 10:09 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

rascal26 (2011-09-22)

No i don't have shah blobs, it was the first time that I jail broke the phone..is it possible to restore to say 4.3.3 using a custom made activated ipsw using iREB?? I tried doing that but I got an error 3194, apparently I need tinyumberlla to fix that error..Im trying to do anything to get round this...but as far as i see it there is no way to upgrade to 4.3.2 or 4.3.3..

Thanks

There is no way you can restore to any iOS except the most current 4.3.5

Custom firmware also requires blob.

You can have a tethered jailbreak at 4.3.5 with redsnow 0.9.9b1 or wait for the release of iOS 5 and the jailbreak will be released soon after.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-09-22 at 01:43 AM.

Hi, I checked cydia again..I have SHSH: iOS 4.3.1 and 4.3.5 currently on 4.3.1 firmware, is there anything I can do with the same firmware and just stay at that? thanks again for your help..

I thought that if it's factory unlocked then you can't lose the unlock

Thanks

Correct , if it factory unlock , it is always unlocked when you activate through iTunes. Your unlock problem could be due to applying wrong jailbreak tool or your iPhone maynot be factory unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by rascal26 View Post
    Hi, I checked cydia again..I have SHSH: iOS 4.3.1 and 4.3.5 currently on 4.3.1 firmware, is there anything I can do with the same firmware and just stay at that? thanks again for your help..
    You can restore to 4.3.1 using TSS server from TU , let your sim activate and go with Jailbreakme 3.0
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-09-23 at 05:29 AM.