Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No luck with Ultrasnow/6.15 on a 3g?

Default No luck with Ultrasnow/6.15 on a 3g?
    Only discovered this one today. Might be helpful.

Was trying to unlock a friends phone that was running 4.2.1 & 6.15. Was using a Pwnage tool custom version of 4.2.1, which I've used on many many other 3g's with no issue. After repeated attempts with Ultrasnow 1.2.3 it refused to unlock. In fact, US made things worse as it even stopped the phone working on the original network!

Anyway, after downgrading to 3.1.3, Jailbreaking with Spirit and then installing Ultrasnow, it all worked perfectly. I activated using the original sim, but after that it worked on all the main UK networks.

So, if your having problems getting a 3g at 6.15 BB unlocked with Ultrasnow, try downgrading to 3.1.3, it might work for you too.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

It's a possibility that the device may function on 3.1.3 better with ultrasn0w on the iPad bb, but I think it's just bc you restored it. Sometimes it really does require a couple restores to get it working, and sometimes it'll work on the first try. But good find, thanks for sharing it with the community! It'll benefit others to find this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    It's a possibility that the device may function on 3.1.3 better with ultrasn0w on the iPad bb, but I think it's just bc you restored it. Sometimes it really does require a couple restores to get it working, and sometimes it'll work on the first try. But good find, thanks for sharing it with the community! It'll benefit others to find this thread.
    As I said, tried with US on 4.2.1 several times, also restored 4.2.1 several times. It was having none of it!