Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Unlock help

Question iPhone 4 Unlock help
    I just purchased an iPhone 4 off someone in the local paper. Its locked to a carrier called Movistar. The phone has been updated to version 4.3.5 and is on BB 4.10.01. Unfortunately I dont have a movistar sim so when I plug the phone into the computer I just get "This sim is not supported". I have bought a Gevey Sim but cant use it yet because I cant get access to settings because Im stuck on the emergency slider. Is there anything I can do? Do I need to find a friend with a Movistar sim and then install Gevey? Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

If you on the emergency screen it kind of says to me that the phone has not been actvated or Hacktivated with a jailbreak.

no that is correct, havent jailbroken it as of yet. didnt what to do something that may be irreversible thus preventing me from ever using it. will jailbreaking get me past the sim activation and out of emergency screen?

sounds like you need to insert a sim from that carrier then you'll be able to access the phone. depending on which gevey you have, you may need a jailbreak or you may not it just depends.. I was in the same situation but was in need of am ATT micro sim so I just went to the store and told them my situation and they game me one and soon after I could access the phone then use my gevey sim. thats what I know but if you haven't figured something out let me know and I'll get some help for you

Bought a sim card from movistar, now got it all working. No need to jailbreak. Thank you for the help

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Congratulations.

If (or when) a jailbreak is desired, 4.3.5 is tethered. A computer is required to boot the iPhone.

Its possible to hactivate using phonebook sim card that can easily buy from radioshack