Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [SCREENSHOT] Can my Iphone 3GS be unlocked?

Default [SCREENSHOT] Can my Iphone 3GS be unlocked?
    Hello there,

I have a Iphone 3GS with FW 4.3.5 and BB 05.16

SCREENSHOT OF TINYUMBRELLA

Now the phone is jailbroken but it is stuck at the LOCK screen, where iTunes says this SIM is locked.

Any ideas how to unlock it now?

I know about iPad BB, but how do I it? Thank you very much for your time.

If you are looking to get past the Connect to iTunes screen, then go back to the 4.3.3 firmware and run redsn0w. If you are looking to UNLOCK, Then go back to 4.3.3, then open redsn0w, and update to the iPad baseband. After that is done, run a jailbreak with the same redsn0w, open cydia and download ultrasn0w and your good to go

Thanks for the reply.

Now I forgot to mention the reason I want to unlock is because iTunes gives error your SIM card is invalid. I have already downgraded to 4.3.3 but want to confirm again that do I have update the BB to iPad or can I still downgrade to 3.1.3 then do unlocking? Cause the BB is still 05.16.

You lost me here: "After that is done, run a jailbreak with the same redsn0w, open cydia and download ultrasn0w"

How can I open Cydia? Doesn't Cydia open AFTER my iPhone is restored normally? Will the phone be restored normally after I do all the previous steps? (Updating to iPad BB then JB 4.3.3?) Cause I am stuck at your SIM is invalid screen in iTunes. And what I have to download from ultrasn0w again?

Thank you again.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Be aware using the iPad bb can break your GPS.

The steps outlined above are correct, read it carefully before trying it. It states to upgrade the baseband w/ Redsn0w first, then run Redsn0w again to install Cydia/jailbreak, then you'll have Cydia on the springboard. Then open it and install Ultrasn0w to unlock.

Thanks again.

As my BB was new, I had to update it to iPad BB. Now it is fully unlocked and jailbroken with snowbreeze and works like a charm. Thank you very much again for help.