Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone says no service 4.2.1

Default iphone says no service 4.2.1
    IPhone 3g on 4.2.1 with baseband 5.15.04 says no service always I think it was already unlocked I boutght it from carrier and I can insert any similar but all say no service even the original sim. Ever since I upgraded this started appearing by the way my iPhone has no internet access since wifi isn't working will ultrasbow fix this or has anyone manage to have a solution for this problem

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Modem firmware / baseband 5.15.04 can not be unlocked.

It is possible to install the iPad baseband 6.15.00, then Ultrasnow and unlock.
    Warning: This will break GPS accuracy. Locations services will still work.

To install the iPad BB, download redsnow 0.9.6rc18, and iOS 4.2.1
    Run redsnow and select one option 'install iPad baseband'

If not already installed, use Cydia and install Ultrasnow.

Quote Originally Posted by crzyklr View Post
    IPhone 3g on 4.2.1 with baseband 5.15.04 says no service always I think it was already unlocked I boutght it from carrier and I can insert any similar but all say no service even the original sim. Ever since I upgraded this started appearing by the way my iPhone has no internet access since wifi isn't working will ultrasbow fix this or has anyone manage to have a solution for this problem

Sounds like the phone was never activated, it's also possible that the phone is a non-apple refurbished phone. If you got it from the carrier, restore it to original confit and return.