Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP: I need the "There's no SIM card installed in the iphone you want to activate" FIX

Default HELP: I need the "There's no SIM card installed in the iphone you want to activate" FIX
    First of all, I am new with this jailbreak thing, and everything I have done is following experts, probably without being aware of what’s actually happen. Anyways, here’s my story: I restored my Iphone 3GS to stock 4.1 firmware, using Redsn0w b6.

Everything was going well, but when it got to the Installing Activation Bundle phase (the one with the pineapple), the Iphone froze. I checked on youtube and I managed to fix this 'Installing Activation Bundle Freeze', but now my iphone is in this "slide for emergency/emergency call/plug to itunes Logo" phase. It also says: “RESTORE NEEDED Iphone cannot make or receive calls. Restore from Itunes. www.apple.com/support”

When I plug it to Itunes, the error I get is "There is no SIM card installed in the iphone you are attempting to activate" and the iphone is still stuck on the connect to itunes screen, it says no service in top left corner and swiping to unlock only allows me to make emergency calls.

Ps: I am in Colombia right now. I bought the Iphone in the USA. I'm trying to unlock this Iphone so I can use a Colombian SimCArd. That’s pretty much what I need. I pretty much want to make calls in Colombia with my Iphone, that’s all!

Please help!! What can I do now?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

There needs to be some clarification. Did you actually do a restore to 4.1 in iTunes? You said you used redsn0w, that's not going to restore it, it's just jailbreaking. You might be having issues bc of that, bc the phone is actually not on 4.1 and you put 4.1 into redsn0w to jailbreak.