Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Furiousmod crashes iphone 4

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Furiousmod crashes iphone 4
    HI Forum

32 GB black iphone locked to AT&T (love them) and me with a Gevey Ultra and T mobile sim card. My regular Gevey bring up the T mobile network using the "dial 112" option, etc.

But, got the Gevey Ultra for convenience (yes it is genuine). I downloaded Furiousmod thru cydia and interesting, it puts a red "furiousmod" icon on my springboard. When I tap the icon, the iphone reboots and then sticks with the Apple logo...and I have to do a restore (using saved SHSH 4.3 firmware and 4.10 BB). Did this 3 times to check and see if it was just a fluke...nope....seems that furiousmod crashes the phone.

Now, yes, I could just not touch the red icon and try the gevey..but I'm curious about this...any ideas? I have repeated this 3 times and crashed the phone each time. Searched online, can't find anything on it yet

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Odd, normally that icon only brings up info about the gevey ultra and furiosmod. It doesnt actually do anything. What are you jailbreaking with on 4.3?

I guess that mod is a little TOO furious. (sorry, couldn't resist!)

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Haha I'll admit that was a good one.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Jailbroke with redsn0w0.9.6r16 but restored the phone and jailbroke with redsnow 0.9.8b5 on windows XP and same thing happened using either...not using cooked firmware, restored with tiny umbrella to 4.3.4

Thanks

What SHSH do you have? Im having trouble remembering if 4.3 was a untethered jailbreak or not. If you have 4.3.3 SHSH that would be ideal.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

HI

Sorry I mistyped above, I have 4.3 firmware that I restored to...but have SHSH down to version 4.01 so lots saved. I tried a couple of more things...1) jailbroke again with redsn0w r16 and then installed mobile substrate...turned phone off, it would't reboot. So rejailbroke and tried again, Installed mobile and furiousmod....and again..when I turned the phone off (not reboot, actually powered it down) it wouldn't reboot, stuck at apple logo. So..rejailbroke a 3rd time and removed furious mod which also removed mobile substrate by itself...and phone seems OK now. I can downgrade to other firmware...but don't understand the issue really...

I may just restore and use the older gevey pro and just have to dial 112 myself ..and not jailbreak. This phone is for a friend who is NOT sophisticated so trying to make it simpler...but seems I made it more complex for myself, lol

4.3 is untethered cause I have that firmware on my other ip4 and its jailbroken (factory unlocked)...so didn't have to use gevey on that phone.

Thanks

If you have 4.2.1 or 4.3.3 shsh restore to one of those firmwares and jailbreak to try it. 4.2.1 use greenpoison rc6.1 or if you go to 4.3.3 use redsnow 0.9.6rc19.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi Forum

I took the Mods advice and I think the phone is OK..here is what I did:

1. Restored the ip4 with my saved SHSH to 4.3.3 (couldn't restore to 4.2.1 even though I have the SHSH, changed the host files and used tiny umbrella, kept getting error message. Finally restored to 4.3.3. fine

2. Set up as new phone

3. Jailbroke with redsn0w r19

4. Cydia icon brown as usual, not white as it was with redsnow r16 (had to rejail break it tethered for fixing that, but not this time)..must have been a buggy redsn0w perhaps (although its fine on my white factory unlocked iP4)

5. Did cydia updates, etc...loaded mobile substrate; Turn the phone off after reboot, booted up fine

6. Added furiousmod repo and loaded furiousmod. Turned the phone off after reboot, booted up fine. There is the RED furiousmod icon but I'm not touching it....and I'll instruct my friend not to either

7. Turned the phone off...and loaded gevey ultra + tmobile card, turned the phone on...and VOILA in about 2 minutes had go T-mobile signal....

Thanks to all...I saw ONE other post on another board about this issue...but can't find it to post this solution!