Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS 4.3.3 (now 4.1) with 6.15.00 baseband - No Service

Default iPhone 3GS 4.3.3 (now 4.1) with 6.15.00 baseband - No Service
    Hello, I have an iPhone 3GS which was upgraded to iOS 4.3.3, I then decided to jailbreak and unlock it by upgrading to the iPad 6.15 baseband, it worked fine for about a month but suddenly it says No Service while the sim is installed, I've tried other sim cards but with no luck... I have also tried reinstalling ultrasn0w as well as restoring to 4.3.3, then re-jailbreaking and re-unlocking again, many times. Today I downgraded the firmware to 4.1 and tried to unlock again, but still No Service :/

Does anyone have any idea how I could go about fixing this?

Many thanks, Jordan

Make sure to activate it with official sim card. If you use pwnage tool or sn0wbreeze, make sure to uncheck activate. This made the whole difference for me on a couple of 3GS' so far. Hactivation didn't work. I personally think it's the best way, but some use SAM.

Ah thank you very much, I'll give that a go, I've been using the Hacktivate option on sn0wbreeze as I don't have an original o2 sim, I assume I can get a PAYG o2 sim from a store right?

Thanks

Sorry for the delayed reply. I'm not sure about o2. I just know around here I keep active and inactive sims from AT&T to get the job done. Once I quit hactivating, I've never had an issue. It's a small thing, but seems to be a key bonus point.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

+1 A small thing true, but a whole lot less headaches