Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Messed up iPhone :( plz help

Default Messed up iPhone :( plz help
    So I bought an iPhone 3G - 8GB running on 4.2.1, i used redsn0w and updated the baseband to 06.15.00 and installed Cydia, then installed ultrasn0w and the unlock went PERFECT! but then I realized that the camera didn't work, it never did. It was just stuck on the shutter screen.

I tried simple stuff like turning off the phone, hard reset, resetting all settings in Settings, and then last but not least I did a complete restore using a custom firmware i created in sn0wbreeze using firmware 4.1.

Ever since then all my problems began, the iPhone is stuck on the apple logo, I can not get out of it, the only was has been using redsn0w 9.6b4 and then booting the phone using tethered.
    Once i am in the camera still does not work!!
    And if I ever turn the phone off and back on it is still stuck on the apple logo
    and i have installed ultrasn0w like last time but this time the unlock does not work

So problems to fix:
    Camera shutter (possibly hardware related?)
    Get rid of apple logo
    Fix unlock, ultrasn0w is unlocked but still wont work for some reason.

Suggestions, ideas???

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by backstroker09 View Post

So problems to fix:
    Camera shutter (possibly hardware related?)
    Get rid of apple logo
    Fix unlock, ultrasn0w is unlocked but still wont work for some reason.

Suggestions, ideas???
    A 3G runs best on 3.1.3. Later iOSs (4.x) are sluggish. 3.1.3 is also easy to load. Try it and see if it fixes the unlock and shutter

Here's how:
    Download 3.1.3 and 3.1.2 and redsn0w 0.9.4 and Tiny Umbrella
    Shift restore to stock 3.1.3, if iTunes error use TU 'exit recovery'
    Run redsnow select 3.1.2 (not 3.1.3).

Install Ultrasnow via Cydia. Test unlock and camera shutter
    Last edited by Mes; 2011-08-28 at 09:05 PM.

So I was able to install 3.1.3 and the camera shutter still did not work, although I did fix the apple boot logo problem, the rest should be easy I know how to unlock it as I have done that before to it. So this leads me back to my original problem of the camera shutter not working. I went to the apple store and they said that there had been some water damage to the phone at one point but they don't know if thats the direct cause the camera does not work. My best bets are to unlock it and then just sell it to someone with a broken camera basically. Thanks for your help though!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You're welcome. And congratulations

I don't know if replacing the camera would fix it. But it's not expensive to try (if you have the experience)

Yeah I don't really have the experience. I'm just into "re-sale" I bought the iPhone for $120 and then sold it someone for $180 and right before we exchanged they realized the camera didn't work that would have been a huge easy $60 profit. But guess I gota find someone else now since they want the camera to work, ohh well now Ill have to be more alert when I'm buying them lol

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Haha. I remember when a phone was 'just a phone'.