Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gevey Ultra and Furious Mod cant get working

Default Gevey Ultra and Furious Mod cant get working
    Hi,

I have an iPhone 4 with iOS 4.2.1 and baseband 03.10.01

I received my Gevey Ultra today and i installed Furious Mod v.1.1.0 and when i start my iPhone instead of displaying the message of Furious Mod it display the message of Gevey telling me to call 112 for it to work.

And it keeps only one bar on the signal strength and only allows to call 112(emergency number)

So, why isn't furious mod doing what he is supposed to do?

Cheers

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Hypothetical question: Where was the Gevey Ultra bought? Apparently there are fake ones floating around already and its possible that if it wasn't bought directly from Applenberry that it could be fake. The fake ones usually respond differently then the actual ones and usually require a different repo or a different method. I have even seen some cases where they just don't work at all.

If you believe it is an actual product then my suggestion would be to uninstall the furiousmod repo and then reinstall it, reboot the device, pop in the gevey and your sim and see if it works this time. If not then try the method manually:

Manual - GEVEY Ultra - Instructions

If it still doesn't work with that method then its possible the gevey could be faulty and you would need to speak to them about getting a replacement. If indeed it does work then it could be something with the furiousmod itself.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zeroonnet View Post
    Hi,

I have an iPhone 4 with iOS 4.2.1 and baseband 03.10.01

I received my Gevey Ultra today and i installed Furious Mod v.1.1.0 and when i start my iPhone instead of displaying the message of Furious Mod it display the message of Gevey telling me to call 112 for it to work.

And it keeps only one bar on the signal strength and only allows to call 112(emergency number)

So, why isn't furious mod doing what he is supposed to do?

Cheers
    I bought my Gevey Ultra SIM and on the outside of the package, it said to use www.x3groove.com as the repo since the version of FuriousMod there is 1.0.1 and is compatible with the Ultra SIM that I bought. Originally, I downloaded version v.1.1.0 and got the same 1-bar signal strength similar to what you're seeing. So maybe you need to check to see if you can download the older version.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tuoithin View Post
    I bought my Gevey Ultra SIM and on the outside of the package, it said to use www.x3groove.com as the repo since the version of FuriousMod there is 1.0.1 and is compatible with the Ultra SIM that I bought. Originally, I downloaded version v.1.1.0 and got the same 1-bar signal strength similar to what you're seeing. So maybe you need to check to see if you can download the older version.
    Unfortunately as stated on the Applenberry Twitter page the official repo is: furiousMod.com/cydia.

Twitter

This however may or may not work a counterfeit Gevey ultra sim as it was intended for official Gevey sims bought from Applenberry.

Anything stating a different repo like the x3groove one or the myrepospace one are clearly counterfeit ones which may be the repos you are looking for if you have a fake Gevey.

Here is some info that explains differences between real and fake Gevey turbosims.

GUAR FORUM BLOG - Best Informed Blog in iDevices and GSM: How To Identify Fake GEVEY Sims & Avoid Getting Scammed

Here is a photo that I got from the Applenberry website that states any other repo other then the official furiousMod one is counterfeit.

dear, why i got conflict when i try to install furiousmod from cydia.furiousmod.com
    the conflict is furioudmod trying to overwrite enableddytdebug.dylib that already exist on the other repo package

how to solve this?

any clue?
    Last edited by sknet; 2011-08-23 at 02:21 PM.
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/1066377445.png