Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 4 Gevey Ultra, lost 3g Capabilities (can only use edge) (Swedish Carrier)

Default Iphone 4 Gevey Ultra, lost 3g Capabilities (can only use edge) (Swedish Carrier)
    Hi guys,

I have bought a legit Gevey ultra and unlocked my iPhone 4 bought in US and brought to Sweden with firm vers. 4.3.3 with 4.10.01 and it makes perfect calls. the issue is that my internet was not working, so I installed the custom APN and managed to insert my APN for Telenor (My Carrier). Still, with data roaming in ON, 3g didn't appear at all, and after taking my simcard out and using an iPhone 4 that is originally locked to Telenor, it stills doesn't show 3g.

I have checked everywhere and seems that people has managed to enable 3G, but I think the Gevey has damaged my simcard because it doesn’t work on an original iPhone 4 locked to the carrier without using the Gevey, any advice on how to restore 3g on the sim card? If I return the simcard with the top piece cut, they will charge me for a replacement, thanks for the help.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Might sound blatantly obvious but it is probably the best thing to try, get a new SIM card from your carrier. If you do get a new one and it works again, great; if it still doesn't work then you would know the issue isn't the SIM card. You might also check with your carrier to see if any of the towers are down. My carrier usually gives me decent 3G service but once in a while I lose it in a particular area that I usually get good reception and it is just a tower acting up.

Sorry for the late reply. I have been trying everything. Already ordered a new sim card. Sometime i have 3g but it goes and this usually didnt happen before. Strange, i will repost when i have the new simcard