Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to make iPhone 4 (black version) recognized as White version?

Thumbs up How to make iPhone 4 (black version) recognized as White version?
    Hi & thanks for reading and helping ....

I'm interested if there is any kind of way my iPhone 4 32Gb BLACK version that i had it converted in the White version, to be recognized (appear) in iTunes as a white iphone 4?

Thanks in advance

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I know iTunes shows a generalized pic when the device is connected but doesn't give any info as to what color device you are using so I don't think it would really matter. Just my opinion though.

The serial number is the only way to determine what color device you are using so regardless if you converted it, iTunes is gonna go by the serial number and that cannot be altered in anyway.

+1 it's the serial number which is the decider

Firstly
    Thanks about your answers.
    So any way of changin the serial number ? :S

That would be illegal and we do not promote that activity on Mmi

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    That would be illegal and we do not promote that activity on Mmi
    Ok so if you put it that way it seems like that, but let me ask you couple of questions:
    Tell me do you think if you buy something with your earned money is yours or it's still Apple's?
    Don't get me wrong i LOVE Apple.
    If i don't harm anybody and i only configure/modify my iPhone is bad(illegal)?

I'm just trying to find solutions for what i'm interested in, and i don't thing this one is so "bad" to be illegal.

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Trajce10 View Post
    Ok so if you put it that way it seems like that, but let me ask you couple of questions:
    Tell me do you think if you buy something with your earned money is yours or it's still Apple's?
    Don't get me wrong i LOVE Apple.
    If i don't harm anybody and i only configure/modify my iPhone is bad(illegal)?

I'm just trying to find solutions for what i'm interested in, and i don't thing this one is so "bad" to be illegal.

Thanks again
    I am not arguing you on that statement because i believe your right. But we are on a public forum and by teaching someone how to change the serial number (for personal use not for a personal gain) can still go bad. Someone will learn how to do this and use it for personal gain against apple. Which is wrong and illegal. With that being said it won't be discussed here on this forum!

Thanks,
    Cowboy

Why would anyone want to do that? To change the cover and sell white iPhone at a higher price?

Yes usually white goes for more