Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPhone 4 from Saudi Arabia.

Default IPhone 4 from Saudi Arabia.
    Ok, so my friend just got back from Saudi Arabia where he was using and unlocked iPhone4 on 4.3.3. Is jailbroken with Jailbreakme.
    Yesterday we went to AT&T to get him a sim card and after setting up his account and placing the sim into the iPhone the phone will not get service and the carrier stays "carrier 10.0" instead of AT&T 10.0.
    Any ideas on how to get the phone to recogonize the sim or sim recognize phone. The guy at AT&T said to just restore it but we are trying to avoid that at all cost.
    Thanks!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dfosson View Post
    Ok, so my friend just got back from Saudi Arabia where he was using and unlocked iPhone4 on 4.3.3. Is jailbroken with Jailbreakme.
    Yesterday we went to AT&T to get him a sim card and after setting up his account and placing the sim into the iPhone the phone will not get service and the carrier stays "carrier 10.0" instead of AT&T 10.0.
    Any ideas on how to get the phone to recogonize the sim or sim recognize phone. The guy at AT&T said to just restore it but we are trying to avoid that at all cost.
    Thanks!
    An unlocked iPhone should work on all networks and a restore should not be necessary to make it work. With an authorized user and computer; and depending upon the version, saved SHSH blobs and jb'd status, you could get back to normal with a restore.

Maybe an AT&T carrier update with iTunes will help? Not sure how to initiate one ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    An unlocked iPhone should work on all networks and a restore should not be necessary to make it work. With an authorized user and computer; and depending upon the version, saved SHSH blobs and jb'd status, you could get back to normal with a restore.

Maybe an AT&T carrier update with iTunes will help? Not sure how to initiate one ...
    I'm sorry man it's hard for me to make heads or tails od that. I've read about ***mod edit***and we tried to sync his apps so we could just restore it and not lose anything but it only would sync like 5-6 apps.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

@Dfosson.....

We can not help you. Cracked app / warez discussions and not allowed on MMi.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dfosson View Post
    Ok, so my friend just got back from Saudi Arabia where he was using and unlocked iPhone4 on 4.3.3. Is jailbroken with Jailbreakme. !
    Sounds to me as the phone is NOT unlocked but only Jailbroken.
    Use Ultrasn0w to Unlock (find it in Cydia)
    Do hope that helps

**uoʇʇnq sʞuɐɥʇ ǝɥʇ ʇıɥ puɐ puıʞ ǝq noʎ pǝdןǝɥ sɐɥ ǝuoǝɯos ɟı**

Ok so we went ahead and restore and updated it just sow we can get the AT&T service. Now on the app store, apps like pandora, Netflix, flixter are all gone. Any ideas??