Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What Is best IPHONE 4 on 4.1 Unlock and Jailbreak??

Default What Is best IPHONE 4 on 4.1 Unlock and Jailbreak??
    Hi, I have an iphone 4 on 4.1 that I need to jailbreak and unlock. I have used JailbreakMe 3.0 for my ipad but one of my good friends tells me that it is the worst jailbreak I can do and it will screw up my ipad later on. This has me wondering what I need to do now to unlock my iphone 4 on 4.1?

Thanks for all your help and advice. Please give me a detailed step by step idiot proof unlock/jailbreak guide if you would. Thank you thank you thank you thank you

what is your baseband firmware? only 1.59 can be software unlocked.

Thanks

The 01.59.00 Baseband is the only unlockable Baseband at the moment. This is most likely found in a Launch iPhone 4 and since yours is above 4.1, then most likely you have a 02.10 Baseband?

However, you can unlock using a Gevey SIM card. I do not have a iPhone 4 + A Gevey SIM card, but this video will show you how to use It.

( How To Unlock iPhone 4 iOS 4.3.5/4.3.4/4.3.3/4.3.2/4.3.1 - 4.0 4.10.01/3.10.01/2.10.04 - Gevey Pro - YouTube )
    Twitter | @infinitypark003
    YouTube Channel | Infinitypark003

Yes my BB is 02.10.04 I have heard mixed reviews on the gevey. What should I use to Jailbreak?

What are your thoughts on the gevey? I actually have one but havent used it yet because someone said it could ruin my iphone forever!! is this true or just some idiot that doesnt know what he is talking about?

What about an IMEI remote unlock? This is same as factory unlock and can not be locked again, correct? Anyone have a good source that isnt $175!!?!?!?!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Newiphone27 View Post
    Yes my BB is 02.10.04 I have heard mixed reviews on the gevey. What should I use to Jailbreak?

What are your thoughts on the gevey? I actually have one but havent used it yet because someone said it could ruin my iphone forever!! is this true or just some idiot that doesnt know what he is talking about?

What about an IMEI remote unlock? This is same as factory unlock and can not be locked again, correct? Anyone have a good source that isnt $175!!?!?!?!
    IMEI unlocks are pretty much non existent since access to this method has been closed off.

Your best bet would be to use a Gevey for an I4. Its the cheapest way and basically the only way to unlock your device with a baseband past the 1.59 one. There is nothing wrong with using a Gevey or some kind of turbo sim and most members are probably using one to this day. Regardless if its a real or fake one it does the job of unlokcing the device for you.

Personally I like using the newest one out: The Gevey Ultra. Its seems to be more stable and less of a hassle to use then all the previous versions but to each their own.

Another way and a guaranteed way of having an unlock is to just buy a factory unlocked device. This is the best way of having an unlock as you wont have to deal with anything but syncing the device to itunes but its also the most expensive way of course.

I have a gevey pro. Can I upgrade my phone to the newest software with a gevey? Or should I just keep it where its at. I did a quick search for IMEI unlocks and found a company that is doing it for 189.99. Is this a scam? you say the method has been closed off. what do you mean? Was there an open port into apples Database or something?

ALso, what is the best JAILBREAK for my iphone 4 on 4.1? I am about to use the Gevey Pro but would like to JB the phone first.

I do already have a 3gs that is JB and UL. I have a ton of apps, ringtones and themes. How do I safely transfer all of my music, ringtones, apps and themes that I have on my 3gs over to my new Iphone 4. I must have a few of the apps that are tied to my business such as my mobile terminals. If someone could provide a detailed step by step quick guide I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You
    Last edited by Newiphone27; 2011-08-16 at 04:19 AM.