Results 1 to 16 of 16

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: How do I unlock/activate iPhone 4, 4.3.3?

  1. #1
    Default How do I unlock/activate iPhone 4, 4.3.3?
    Hi. I just received a new iPhone 4 locked with AT&T 10.0 Carrier..

    I am in New Zealand and i use Vodafone NZ. And I used to have an unlocked iPhone 4 before it broke and had to replace it with a new one. But a locked one was replaced for free but unlocked version i had to pay $285 for.. So I just took the locked one even though i had no idea how to unlock it..

    But now i regret it because unlocking/activating looks quite hard..

    Could anyone please tell me the steps of activating/unlocking and iPhone 4 4.3.3 so I can use my phone on vodafone NZ carrier? Thanks A lot

  2. #2
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8,021
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 789 Times in 731 Posts

    Go to Settings / General / About:
    Version?
    Modem Firmware (baseband)?

    Because it's new, likely neither an unlock nor a full jailbreak can be done at the moment.

    Use Tiny Umbrella (link below) to get your SHSH blobs (if any). If 4.3.3 blobs are available it can be downgraded and jailbroken.

    For the unlock, only 1.59.x baseband will unlock. Higher versions can be unlocked with the Gavy SIM (google search for web site)

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Go to Settings / General / About:
    Version?
    Modem Firmware (baseband)?

    Because it's new, likely neither an unlock nor a full jailbreak can be done at the moment.

    Use Tiny Umbrella (link below) to get your SHSH blobs (if any). If 4.3.3 blobs are available it can be downgraded and jailbroken.

    For the unlock, only 1.59.x baseband will unlock. Higher versions can be unlocked with the Gavy SIM (google search for web site)
    Version =4.3.3
    Modem Firmware = 04.10.01

  4. #4
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8,021
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 789 Times in 731 Posts

    4.10 BB can not he unlocked.
    Any SHSH blobs?

    Wow! iOS 4.3.3 (you're lucky). That version is fully jailbreakable. The latest Redsn0w (rc19) works great.

    First thing: Download and use iFaith 1.3.1 (ih8sn0w.com) to make a pre-signed ipsw for your 4.3.3. It takes some time to run & changes nothing. You may likely need this in the future. It works when no 4.3.3 SHSH blobs are available

    Then use redsn0w to jb @ 4.3.3. Done.

  5. #5
    if it can't be unlocked how can i use my phone??

  6. #6
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8,021
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 789 Times in 731 Posts

    Gevey SIM
    Last edited by Mes; 2011-08-14 at 02:16 AM. Reason: correct spelling mistake

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Gavy SIM
    I just rang one of the phone shops i go to.. and they said 04s are possible but 05 isn't.. Is this true?
    Should i go there and get it unlocked?
    What are your views?

  8. #8
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8,021
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 789 Times in 731 Posts

    Not sure what is meant by 04s and 05s

    If the shop is talking about the iPhone 4 and IPhone 5 --- they're blowing big time!! No ip5 exists outside Apple.Com.

    If they're talking about iOS 4 and iOS 5 ... once again iOS 5 is not released yet. Also the beta versions are 'tethered', can't be unlocked, and expire in a few weeks. Stay away.

    Don't be fooled. If someone wants money ... It's a scam. All jailbreaks and unlocks are free.

    The only known unlock is Gavy SIM ... or ... getting the carrier to unlock it.
    Last edited by Mes; 2011-08-13 at 02:53 AM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Not sure what is meant by 04s and 05s

    If the shop is talking about the iPhone 4 and IPhone 5 --- they're blowing big time!! No ip5 exists outside Apple.Com.

    If they're talking about iOS 4 and iOS 5 ... once again iOS 5 is not released yet. Also the beta versions are 'tethered', can't be unlocked, and expire in a few weeks. Stay away.

    Don't be fooled. If someone wants money ... It's a scam. All jailbreaks and unlocks are free.

    The only known unlock is Gavy SIM ... or ... getting the carrier to unlock it.
    No they asked me for the Modem Firmware number and mine is 04.10.01
    and they said 04 are unlock able but not 05...

    I will have to pay to get the Gavy sim anyway..

  10. #10
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8,021
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 789 Times in 731 Posts

    If you want to spend your money ... go ahead & give it a shot. When you're finished tell us exactly what they did or did not do.

    I can tell you there are millions of 4.10.x users waiting for an unlock

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    If you want to spend your money ... go ahead & give it a shot. When you're finished tell us exactly what they did or did not do.

    I can tell you there are millions of 4.10.x users waiting for an unlock
    How to use Ultrasnow 4.3.3 unlock iPhone 4 with baseband 04.10.01? - Mobile Questions

    Should i try this? Would this work?

  12. #12
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8,021
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 789 Times in 731 Posts

    @alfn23...... I have the latest Ultrasn0w version (v 1.2.3) installed.
    In the description - one (1) iPhone 4 baseband supported (1.59.00)

    -img_0001.png
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0001.png  

  13. #13

  14. #14
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8,021
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 789 Times in 731 Posts

    ^lol. I can't spell ... or ... type

  15. #15

  16. #16
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8,021
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 789 Times in 731 Posts

    lol

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •