Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Paid for unlock at Mall Kiosk. They said phone is not to be rebooted for 1 month!?

Thanks

Default Paid for unlock at Mall Kiosk. They said phone is not to be rebooted for 1 month!?
    Please help me understand this. I went to a mall kiosk and paid 70.00 to have my iPhone 4 on 03.10.01 unlocked after trying myself 3 times with 3 different gevey sims to no success. The guy was able to unlock it and I just picked it up. It works, however, he specifically stated that I shouldn't reboot the phone for one month. Thats crazy!!! Does anyone know any reason why this is?! I mean now I'm going to be constantly anxious that my phone is gonna run out of battery! Also makes me think twice about installing anything in cydia for the time being.. Don't want to install some package that is going to require my phone to reboot.. Grrrrr... Please help me understand this!

sounds strange. are you sure there is no gevey or pro sim card in your phone? im not aware of any software which can unlock bb 3.10 on iphone4. what provider are you using??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
    sounds strange. are you sure there is no gevey or pro sim card in your phone? im not aware of any software which can unlock bb 3.10 on iphone4. what provider are you using??
    Im using T-Mobile. I'm sure he must have used a Gevey. I know that's what they use I went there and had them do it anyway due to the fact that I went thru 3 Gevey sims and couldn't get it right. I figured since I have to pay a business to do it that it would be a done deal. Why wouldnt I be able to reboot the phone for a month using Gevey I just don't get why he would say that
    Last edited by MikeMiamiFL; 2011-08-12 at 01:02 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMiamiFL View Post
    Im using T-Mobile. I'm sure he must have used a Gevey. I know that's what they use I went there and had them do it anyway due to the fact that I went thru 3 Gevey sims and couldn't get it right. I figured since I have to pay a business to do it that it would be a done deal. Why wouldnt I be able to reboot the phone for a month using Gevey I just don't get why he would say that
    He probably told you that so you wont tamper with it and go storming back to the kiosk demanding a refund. Most places have a 30 day return policy but if its past 30 days then its no longer his problem.

Grant it that he got the phone working for you, if you decide to reboot you'll more then likely lose the unlock and then be back at square one unless he set up the automated process with gevey ultra.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ihappy View Post
    He probably told you that so you wont tamper with it and go storming back to the kiosk demanding a refund. Most places have a 30 day return policy but if its past 30 days then its no longer his problem.

Grant it that he got the phone working for you, if you decide to reboot you'll more then likely lose the unlock and then be back at square one unless he set up the automated process with gevey ultra.
    Oh that makes sense I actually considered that to be one possible reason and now that another person mentions it maybe I dont know. But then hold up..... Yeah Im looking at the receipt and that states that on unlocks, upgrades and restores there are no refunds period.

So I dont think he's that might be the reason.. I'm going to call when they open.. And ask him why can't it be rebooted and if it happens then what is the result?

I just did it today and they closed right after picked up the phone. I didn't ask him when he told me. Which is what I shoulda done..: thanks for your help tho..

either way, if you reboot before or after 30 days.. you'll need to re-initialize the gevy. if its after 30days, i hope he does not charge you again.