Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Recover iPhone 3Gs help :/

Default Recover iPhone 3Gs help :/
    First of all I'm total noob about Apple products. I've got iPhone 3Gs as a gift.

It was jailbroken and unlocked. The baseband was, I think, 06.15.00. And the version 4.0.xx or 4.1.xx or 4.2.xx, not 4.3.xx or higer.

I reseted settings and it was successfully reseted. After that I reseted settings and removed all data. The process took about 1-2 hours, in the end there was persistent black screen. I waited about 5-10 minutes and I restarted iPhone. After that it just stucks at Apple logo.

After that I tried to restore firmware using iTunes. The iTunes downloaded firmware version 4.2 (at least it showed the screen with the list of new features in iOS 4.2). After for about 10 minutes there was a popup with error 1015. I tried to fix this with iREB and TinnyUmbrella, but with no success. It just stays in recovery mode. I also tried to install iOS 4.3.3 both stock and custom. But when I select the ipsw file iTunes tells that "iphone cannot be restored because the firmware file is not compatible".

Could anybody help me? Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

When restoring to custom fw , you need to put your iPhone into pwned dfu mode. Are you on Mac or pc

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

mss1988 (2011-08-09)

I put it, but it doesn't help. The iTunes always shows the popup "iphone cannot be restored because the firmware file is not compatible" when I load firmware file.

I'm PC user.

Thanks

You need 4.3.3 shsh blob for restore to 4.3.3

6. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

mss1988 (2011-08-09)

I don't have any. Is it possible to unbrick the phone without shsh?

Thanks

Use snow breeze 2.7.3 to create a custom firmware, use the pwned dfu feature to put iPhone into dfu mode.
    You need to run tiny umbrella ,download your blob and start tss sever before you can restore to custom firmware.
    You can restore to stock 4.1 if you don't have the 4.3.3 blob

Ok, restore to stock 4.1 fw
    Use exit recovery from Tiny umbrella to kick out error 1015
    Jailbreak with limera1n at 4.1

Or redsn0w rc6 or rc8

You don't need to have 4.1 blob saved as apple resigns back 4.1 for your convenience
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-08-09 at 08:10 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

mss1988 (2011-08-09)

Will my iPhone return to normal after that?

Thanks

Yes, once you restore to 4.1 you will be a factory default except you still have iPad baseband and you need to jailbreak and install ultrasn0w to get service

12. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

mss1988 (2011-08-09)

Thank you very much man
    P.S. One more question. I'm total noob and... can you explain me how to make custom firmware and restore it? Because none of the stock or custom firmwares weren't restored by my iTunes. It always sais "iphone cannot be restored because the firmware file is not compatible".

Thanks

iTunes will never allow you to restore to cfw, but if you use the tool from SB 2.7.3 to get you into pwned dfu mode, then iTunes will allow you to restore to cfw.
    But since you are restoring to 4.1 , go with stock 4.1, just follow the step to kick error 1015 which is inevitable cos you have iPad bb

Restoring to cfw of 4.3.3 also requires it's blob , so if you don't have it , you are going to hit error 3194

When restoring to stock , you can try from recovery mode,if not a normal dfu mode is needed.
    Hope you know the difference between a normal dfu, pwned dfu, recovery mode terminology.

Normal dfu : with iPhone plug in and powered on, hold both buttons for 10 secs and then release the power button but keep holding the Home button until you here a beep on your pc and the screen is black .
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-08-09 at 08:44 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

mss1988 (2011-08-09)

Since my iPhone is stucked at recovery mode it boot in recovery mode automatically and show up usb port on the phone screen. DFU mode is the mod when I press power + home button in first 10 seconds, and in the other 10 seconds i just hold home button. Right?
    But I have a little problem. When I drag iPhone2,1_4.1_8B117_Restore.ipsw into sn0wbreeze-v2.7.3 it says that it's "Not valid IPSW". I tried the same with firmware 4.3.3 and there is no issues. Now I'm re-downloading iPhone2,1_4.1_8B117_Restore.ipsw that is linked on sn0wbreeze's site. I hope this one will work.
    So I should download iPhone2,1_4.1_8B117_Restore.ipsw and begin with TinnyUmbrella? I don't need to create custom firmware? Right?

Thanks

Don't use TU yet, You can try restore from rec mode to stock 4.1.

Run TU only when you need to kick out error 1015

18. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

mss1988 (2011-08-09)

Do you mean to restore to stock firmware without iTuens? How I should to that?

lol TU - TinnyUmbrella my mistake

Thanks

No, I said TU is tiny umbrella , you need iTunes for your restore. Reason why you don't use TU is because apple is signing 4.1 , so your verification is with apple server .
    If you want to restore using tss server, then you need to download 4.1 blob, start tss server, and restore thru iTunes.

Anymore questions ? I am going to log off soon

21. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

mss1988 (2011-08-09)

How to download 4.1 blob? Is it device unit specific like shsh?
    Thank you very much for helping me men

Thanks

In TU adv option uncheck : request shsh blob from cydia and click save shsh but your iPhone must not be in recovery mode nor dfu mode , TU will recognize ur iPhone only in bootable state. So restoring using tss server is out of the question until you can boot up ur iPhone.
    If you have used TU before , then TU has ur device recorded but you have not used TU before.
    Also make sure in TU, adv tab : set hosts to cydia is unchecked and close TU.
    Restore normally to 4.1 thru iTunes

Every shsh blob is unique to every device and firmware combined

Got to go now , good luck
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-08-09 at 09:24 AM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

mss1988 (2011-08-09)

I must admit here, publicly, that I am an idiot. I actually have iPhone 3G. I took me 30 hours to realize it. I'm such a fool.
    Thank you again man for helping me.