Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SAM "Stockification Error" Help

Default SAM "Stockification Error" Help
    So I have a iPhone 4 on 4.2.1 custom firmware unlocked with redsn0w to T Mobile. 1.59.00 baseband.

I got tired of all the things that a hacktivated device was missing like MMS would work on and off and push was not stable even with Push Doctor so I came across SAM and tried the tutorials to officially activate it without official sim carrier.

I did all the instructions and after installing latest version of SAM from the bingner repo, I open the app and click on "revert to lockdownd" but it says "stockification error." I then clicked deactivate phone and it says success but does nothing and SAM still shows my phone as factory activated and says it cant officially activate until it is not hacktivated.

I tried re-installing the programs, respring, reboot...still nothing. The main reason I want to do this is to be able to use FaceTime which is stuck on "waiting for activation" and I've tried doing all the fixes and facetime mods n tweaks but nothing works.

The last thing I did was manually in terminal tried to "revert to lockdownd" but it gives me a "..(device firmware file).par2 fetch failure!" not sure what that means but can anybody help.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Restore to a hactivated custom firmware of 4.2.1 will get you off the emergency screen . Use expert mode to activate iPhone while building your cfw of 4.2.1

SAM is a pain in the @ss. It works for a lot of people, but not everyone. I had the exact same issue. Just buy an official AT&T sim off ebay for $1-2 (it doesn't need to be active). It's a billion times better than hacktivation and then having to deal with the issues that it causes (such as not getting push notifications, etc).